“Interesting food - prepared with attitude!”
Review of Juuri

Juuri
Ranked #23 of 1,722 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic flavours, wanton passion, wild herbs, crazy ideas, love for artisan produce and the skill to make incredibly tasty food. This is what Juuri is made of. We want you to enjoy being our guest and to leave in good spirits. Our recipe is simple: we do things right in the kitchen, we respect the raw materials, we want to exceed expectations and we delight in our own work. The result is food rooted in enjoyment. Many people today are discussing small producers and organic food. What could be better since at Juuri we have put them in a central position for nearly ten years. We favour the small and local for several reasons, and taste is certainly not the least of them. We have a rule of four P's for our raw ingredients: Perfect Produce from Preferred Producers. When products are transported from close by they arrive at the table in fresh condition. It is a joy to favour small and local.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very good experience. Fantastic knowledgeable staff explaining every dish in detail made the meal even better! One of the best spots in Helsinki.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had the 6 course tasting menu which was competitively priced and enjoyed all of them. A very good standard of cooking, I especially loved the white chocolate croquette with the dessert!
We sat downstairs which had a great atmosphere. Didn’t do wine pairing but enjoyed a bottle of red which went well with the majority of courses.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have visited Juuri several times before but this time the tasting menu (Maistelumenu) was bland, mushy, full of cream and brown, nothing fresh, sour or crunchy in all menu instead of cracker bread.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I chose Juuri mainly because it's open on Sunday.

Since I'd a big dinner at Ask the night before, I didn't want to eat so much. I just ordered 3 sapas as follows:

- herring, golden beet and apple
- potato with buckthorn berries
- pork with fennel

The food was neither good nor bad but definitely didn't taste as good as it looked.

I finished my meal with petit four (3 pieces of unspectacular sweet at 5 euros).

I actually feel bad while writing this. All the staff were very nice and cheerful. Just that the food failed to deliver.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I don’t understand these reviews. The food was middling at best. Super overpriced, heavy on the salt, poor textures to the dishes; I have absolutely no comprehension of how/why this place scores so highly. The presentation of each dish is quite lovely and the service was admittedly very good, but all else was quite sub-par, given the price:quality ratio. In all fairness the portion size is quite generous for “tapas”, but at €8.20 a pop, it should be!

Worth eating: rainbow trout and if you’re a fan of lamb, the (slightly squishy) lamb sausage and tartar. Absolutely not worth it: the burbot, which was so incredibly fishy that you might think it has gone bad.