“Delicious food, a few odd moments”
Review of Mamma Rosa

Mamma Rosa
Ranked #74 of 1,757 Restaurants in Helsinki
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Taka-Töölö
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Mamma Rosa was chosen for a quiet, cozy birthday celebration.
The ambiance is lovely - we were sitting in the patio, which was flawlessly adapted to wintertime.

The selection of drinks comes from the next-door bar. They are also willing to create something unique for you! We asked for recommendations to suit our food: my friend was very happy with her wine, and I thoroughly enjoyed my n/a Green Tea Mojito.

Before our dishes arrived, we were offered complimentary bread (the bread basket selection is gorgeous) with some oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!

As a starter we chose the bruschetta, it was lovely.

I am a vegetarian and must say that there is no choice. There is literally one main course dish (the goat's cheese beetroot ravioli). I usually would not go for this, as I am not a fan of goat's cheese or ravioli...
But I must say that it was absolutely delicious! I was blown away by the intricate taste combination, the textures, the presentation!
My friend had the Black Angus Beef and was very happy.

For dessert we chose the cloudberry brulee and the coconut pannacotta with red orange sorbet, both were absolutely wonderful!
I sneakily asked our waitress if she could put a candle in my friends dessert and she did...there was no loud singing, it was perfectly elegant.

All of the servers were lovely, helpful and quick!

The bill was brought with no sort of cover...just the slip, which seemed somewhat awkward for such an elegant restaurant. I was treating my friend to dinner and didn't particularly want her to see the bill, but it was somewhat inevitable...

Overall, we are happy with our visit. But I would definitely have more vegetarian and vegan options (at least two!!) and find a classier way of serving the bill.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Located in a street corner a couple of 100m away from Crowne Plaza Mama Rosa is good for dinner. They have mainly Italian food with some other dishes as well. We tried the Toast with shrimps as a starter and pasta scampi and chicken as the mains. Service was good. It it nice restaurant but the atmosphere is quite blend

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We were a group of about 15 people and had booked a table in advance. On the night we were there, it would not have been possible to get a table even for a smaller group as the place was very busy. Service was good even though the staff were very busy. Food was very good. There are several good things to choose from. Anything from fish, scampi, beef ,chicken and also limited choice of vegetarian dishes.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Smooth service. Fantastic food, i.e., beetroot risotto with goat chees & cloudberry brulee with vanilla icecream.
Tip for seating choice when asked - would perhaps suggest not to choose seat in corner by the door in winter time as I did get chill on my back; however perfect solo corner for book reading during dinner.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Staying at hotel nearby, found excellent food (lamb with polenta). Service was very nice and helpfull.