“Lappish food”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Service was excellent, the waitresses are lovely, friendly, cheerful and very helpful
Food was good and it was interesting to try Lappish food in a 'traditional' atmosphere. The samples plate of starter was good as was hungry like the wolf. The reindeer fillet was the best bit.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

we took what I assume is the specialty of the house, a dish called "Hungry like a wolf". It includes deer filet, flank, liver, some fish on the side and mashed potatoes.

It is quite good and filling. The deer filet was really really good. I would have liked a bit more of the filet instead of the other things.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We took clients from Japan for dinner and it was an absolute treat. We were warmly greeted by Milja who continued to look after us all evening. We appreciated her recommendations and wine selections. We started with the sharing plate which included pike, sardines, slow cooked reindeer neck, reindeer liver, elk and beetroot infused salmon. Delicious! I had whitefish for my main which was incredibly tasty and others had the reindeer stew which was equally as good. Ambiance was lovely, nice wine selection, great service and well priced. Try the Reindeer Tears as a digestive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was the best food we ate on our whole journey around Finland, and I hadn't expected it. I was interested in going to try some Finnish food, so thought it may be a bit of a novelty, but everything we ate was amazing and the waiters really knew the food they were serving. Also vegetarian friendly!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Dining here with the wooden decor is like a visit to Lapland. My reindeer was delicious and served in the traditional manner. Even the smells reminded me of the Far North.