“Excellent Reindeer Casserole”

Price range: US$0 - US$146
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed 28 August 2017

After passing this place for several days, we went out for dinner there on my last evening in Helsinki, and were happy we did so. The food, and the service, were both excellent.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We ate at Kuu Kuu as a meet up with a Finnish friend.

Unfortunately, the foods was only mediocre. My shrimp sandwich was tasty. However, traditional Swedish shrimp sandwiches are readily available all over Finland. My herring was on the salty side. Our Finnish friend stated herring tends to be salty. I hadn't eaten herring before, so I have no basis for comparison. My chanterelle pie was a disaster. It was very overcooked, dry and bordered on burnt. Additionally, the cheese was way too strong of an ingredient in a egg dish containing chanterelles. I could barely tasty them.

Our gin and tonics were only decent.

Our service was very good.

After a twenty percent tip, three dinners and drinks cost about $230. The price point was high and the food quality was low.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I visited here several times , when I had guests. They were all satisfied to the taste of food, the atmosphere and the staff service. The plating was beautiful and had proper amount of food. Few items from the course menu, I had possiblities for vegetarian option. Great Place :D

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals I've ever had outside friends and relatives kitchens. Ate reindeer pastrami for starters, and organic meatballs for main course. It was soooo good I almost fainted. The wife agreed about the meatballs. Truly amazing. Like heaven but with vodka served. The service was impeccable, the restaurant small and cozy and easy to find. Six on the scale of one to five.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

As it was summer, we sat outside on the sunny terrace. My friend had a toast skagen and i had a salmon soup. They were borh very good. Inside i can imagine it beeing super cosy during autumn and winter. I will definetly come back!