“Marrakesh Madness”

Sandro Eira
Ranked #253 of 1,626 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Middle Eastern, North African & Mediterranean inspired menu.
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Dinner with a friend where we shared a Marrakesh Madness: Starting with Goat Cheese and Dates then onto a Lamb Tajine with Kofta Salad on the side. Everything was incredibly flavorful, the meat tender and the mixture of tastes/textures excellent. To finish up a nice cup of Mint Tea and the Desert Buffet.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I went for a brunch in Sandro Eira a week after visiting Sandro Kolmas Linja and I had a very high expectations for this place. Unfortunately this was not that good as I was hoping. It is nice, but the place is very small, tables are very close to each other so you get the feeling that you actually eat together with other people. Variety and selection of food was almost the same as in other Sandro, but somehow it did not tasted that good. The sing in lady WC was broken and the water didn't went away. Waiters was not even close that polite and welcoming as in other Sandro restaurant. But it was fine...but I wouldn't go there for a second time.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Food was delicious, thanks for that! Allthough just one falafel in that salad, really?? The waitress seemed a bit distracted, and left a bit cold impression. The menu was a bit hard to comprehend. We chose eventually the Vegan Madness Feast for 2 persons. Ahh.
The music and crowd were a bit too loud and we didn't exactly have a peaceful relaxing dinner but I guess that's not possible in such a popular restaurant as your's is. All in all, we will visit again even though we didn't get exactly what we expected. Still dreaming about 1. The falafel 2. That baklava 3. The chocolate cake

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner are from London and visited Helsinki from 12/02/16-15/02/16. We visited Sandro on Valentine's Day so we were expecting it to be pretty busy. We were greeted buy a very friendly guy named Leo. My partner is vegan so there was more than plenary to choose from! We ordered the "vegan madness" and was advised it would be plenty for two. I can eat for England but when the lovely waitress proceeded to bring the food to the table even I was a little taken back! The food was out of this world, it was presented very well, looked fresh and tasted even better. We were both defeated but could have eaten more! We noticed the restaurant was very busy but it didn't give off a rushed or hectic atmosphere especially as there were only two people working! Leo and the waitress worked the floor extremely well and no point looked rushed off their feet. By the end of the night we got talking to Leo who was very approachable and friendly (it felt like we had bumped into an old friend). Me and my partner left extremely happy and next time we are in Helsinki we will sure to revisit Sandro! Thanks for and amazing experience, we have told all our friends back in the u.k about Sandro and the amazing food and people in Helsinki!

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Food was good. It is interesting looking place with unique touch. Food was good and portions were good size.