Lowest prices for your stay
US$147
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$149
Trip.com
US$137
Hotels.comUS$149
PricelineUS$147
TravelocityUS$149
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2019

The location of the hotel is beautiful and peaceful (on the lake) although it is definitely outside central Helsinki so you would require a car. The rooms themselves are clean but very tiny, even by European standards. The buffet breakfast is excellent, and the dining room provides a beautiful view. The hotel also provides bicycles for guests.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank flamesgal
TiinaA175, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rantapuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Dear flamesgal
Thank you for your visit and valuable feedback - It is very much appreciated. I am happy to inform you that in comparison with standard twin rooms located in the 'Forrest Wing', we also have many bigger rooms available that are located in so called 'Sea Wing'. It was nice to hear that you liked our buffet breakfast. We are very pleased to hear overall your experience was positive.
Wishing you a warm and colourful Autumn & Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 13 May 2019

If you don't mind your hotel being further away from the city, this is your place. This grandiloquent complex used to be a training center for one of the major banks in Finland. The facilities and the beautiful breakfast and/or a la carte with sea view are still there. The hotel has a beach, not sure if it's for boats or for people, maybe both. Small but nice and clean basic room with partial ocean view. Not too expensive. Quiet location, hardly any other customers wandering around the empty aisles unless there's a wedding or some large business occation goin' on. No 24h reception, so if your wife, husband or mate arrives after midnight to pick up the other key card for the room, and you decide to sleep instead of opening any doors for them, make sure you get good instructions of how to collect your key in the night hours from the reception beforehand. And, btw, there are no rooms located in the main building, only meeting rooms and the restaurant etc. All the rooms are at the external buildings. Good service at the reception. Okay breakfast. Nice lobby bar, lots of vintage style leather seats and comfy sofas and corners and corridors to enjoy your drink in privacy. The hotel complex area is nice indeed, but the surrounding neighborhood is not the nicest one, so you might want to take a taxi back and forth from the subway station close by (1,7 km). A huge mall called Itäkeskus is pretty close too. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TiinaA175, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rantapuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Dear fitraveler74
Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback and comments. The beach is for people and boats (small ones). During the high season we have reception open 24/7. Even though the rooms are located in separate buildings (so called 'Forrest wing' and 'Sea wing') there are also passages to the rooms inside the hotel. We are very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations as it is our highest goal to provide great service for our guests.
Thank you once again for staying with us - Hoping to see you again soon!
Kind regards, Tiina A. / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2019

It was well decorated, has perfect location, silent, elegant, nice. Meiju was helping us a lot for all our requests. She was so helpful and nice. Breakfast was definitely amazing, having meals in a restaurant with nice view. I loved this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2019
TiinaA175, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rantapuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Dear Sakir27
Thank you for choosing us and for your positive review - It is very much appreciated. How wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We really hope to welcome you back to Rantapuisto in the near future.
Kind regards, Tiina A. / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at numerous hotels from the lavish to the trendy and this hotel out performs all my previous experiences. I came to attend slush an event which is loud, full of energy, the place to connect and for some to join a great party, yet I was eager to return every day early so I can catch the train on time and rush back to the hotel. Return to my oasis of serenity, calm, to the silence, the sound of trees, the water at the beach, and the opportunity that I didn’t expect to meditate, think, write, plan, and work with greater productivity. I walked around the hallways, and you breath in the authenticity, the architecture, the design, the chairs, the simplicity, and again the silence. You see people walking in the woods, parents with children, and dogs running on the beach.

A celebration of nature, and your humanity.

I loved it.

I never stopped sharing with family, my children, and friends. I shared phots, video clips, but something different for a first time; sound bytes. Sending the voices that were surrounding me.

I will return home with a different perspective on many points, and looking forward to returning.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank yousefh433
TiinaA175, Front Office Manager at Hotel Rantapuisto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Dear yousefh433,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write a review. We are really impressed by your kind words. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel surroundings in the middle of Finnish nature.
I hope your next stay is just around the corner as we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Rantapuisto!

Kind regards,
Tiina A. / Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2018

This hotel is located in Vuosaari, Helsinki, at the sea. Access is not so easy as it is perhaps some 2 km from the nearest subway station. There is a bus stop, but I do not know if any bus is going there. This used to be a educational centre of a bank. The history is well preserved and seen in the place. The rooms are big enough and all of them silent. The beds are narrow but comfortable. Free wifi available. The hotel has its own restaurant. The breakfast is quite nice, the ordinary stuff. A nice stay although the place has see its best days.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Tuokko C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, there is a bus stop right next to hotel's main door wherefrom the bus (nr. 816) will take you to Vuosaari metro station. Hotel's architecture is from the 60s and we have tried to maintain its unique features and atmosphere. However, most rooms have been refurbished to meet today's standards. Thank you for your visit and welcome back again!

Kind regards