“Amazing food!”

Hoku
Ranked #69 of 1,598 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Japanese, Hawaiian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: HOKU is a casual restaurant located in the Helsinki Kamppi district started by Ryan Shibuya. Ryan was born and raised in Hawaii and wanted to share some of the great foods from back home. Nothing fancy, just good food in a casual environment.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Hoku never let's you down! Perfect place for lunch and dinner is always a great option too. Flavours in the dishes are super tasty and portions are exactly right. Staff and service also excellent. Best seats next to the window/terrace, great for a date night!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

A very popular place for lunch, the food is excellent and the prices are not too bad. Nice views from the window tables.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I loved this restaurant. Started from renovation of Kamppi I occasionally came to this restaurant. I had an important friend coming to Helsinki then I booked a table almost a month earlier. We arrived early and told our booking. A lady led us to the table UNDER THE STAIRS. I requested table close to the window and this is the reason I booked the table. There were plenty of tables available close to the window and the staff just said that they are reserved. So how is my booking? I am upset about this argument with this staff and this is very rude to us. Please Hoku, you can do better than that in terms of service. Anyway food is nice still.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with friends at Hoku, the place is always full but luckily 5 of us were able to get in during the busy lunch hour, thank you to all the friendly staff. We had salmon teriyaki, siika nanbunzuke, kalua pork and tiger prawns. All dishes were delicious and we enjoyed very much. With 14€ you can have a great lunch with great view and includes coffee.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The main courses where great at this place and we were lucky with great window seats. The riesling was a success too. However service was slow and not too attentive and the appetisers and deserts were ok but nothing more. So all in all mixed feelings about this place. It needs to step up its s@#t a bit more