Open today: 14:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
The best authentic Finnish sauna

A thoroughly authentic sauna offering - very different to the tourist experience offered by Allas... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2023
Matthew J
Very Warm, in More Ways Than One

I had a wonderful experience visiting this sauna. As a solo American stopping by, I wasn't sure... read more

Reviewed 5 July 2023
freutmich
Kansas City

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from €149.90
from €109.00
from €48.00
from €206.00
More Info
All reviews shower area full body bucket list lockers culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I visited here alone and found the Sauna a most interesting experience .The staff and other clients were most helpful explaining what to do . I really enjoyed sitting out on the street talking to the regulars . I would highly recommend as visit here for people visiting Helsinki.

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank jerry2623
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

It was very lovely. I’ve been to many saunas and this one was a great experience. I loved the traditional aspect of it. The wooden heating and the sauna place itself is quite unique. I was there around 3pm and I was the only woman in for the whole hour so if you’re looking for some quiet time and still want to experience the ‘public’ sauna, go there before evening when it gets more crowded. You have everything there - from shower gel to hair brush and drying fan. The staff was also very nice. It was a bucket list check for me and I recommend it. :)

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank W1167IOvalentinap
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Typical traditional Finnish smoked sauna with 1500 kg of stones in the stove. Perfect place to experinece sauna with locals.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I am trying to go through all the public saunas in Helsinki and this is probably the most authentic, the only one with a genuine wood sauna. Also very nice location. The lockers are slightly old and not maintained and the office downstairs smells funky. The showers are ok and you have the possibility of having a wash lafy was you. ( on certain days) the sauna here is big so convenient for bigger groups. For a tourist, i would rather recomend sauna hermanni, more cozy and less run down.

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank AnnaEsk
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

One of the nicest saunas in Helsinki. It's 13€ entry.
Make sure you alternate between the sauna and sitting out in the cold with a beer! Very cool :)

Date of experience: December 2017