Open today: 14:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Authentic and well worth a visit.

Definitely worth a visit, authentic and if you are going on a Thursday or Saturday, the full body... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
ISheep
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile
Finnish Sauna Culture

Dear Sir I thank you very much for help me , and I thank you very much Dear Sir allow me Share in... read more

Reviewed 13 March 2022
313ameenq

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from US$165.74
from US$53.07
from US$227.77
from US$61.24
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

It was very lovely. I’ve been to many saunas and this one was a great experience. I loved the traditional aspect of it. The wooden heating and the sauna place itself is quite unique. I was there around 3pm and I was the only woman in for the whole hour so if you’re looking for some quiet time and still want to experience the ‘public’ sauna, go there before evening when it gets more crowded. You have everything there - from shower gel to hair brush and drying fan. The staff was also very nice. It was a bucket list check for me and I recommend it. :)

Date of experience: April 2018
3  Thank W1167IOvalentinap
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Typical traditional Finnish smoked sauna with 1500 kg of stones in the stove. Perfect place to experinece sauna with locals.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I am trying to go through all the public saunas in Helsinki and this is probably the most authentic, the only one with a genuine wood sauna. Also very nice location. The lockers are slightly old and not maintained and the office downstairs smells funky. The showers are ok and you have the possibility of having a wash lafy was you. ( on certain days) the sauna here is big so convenient for bigger groups. For a tourist, i would rather recomend sauna hermanni, more cozy and less run down.

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank AnnaEsk
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

One of the nicest saunas in Helsinki. It's 13€ entry.
Make sure you alternate between the sauna and sitting out in the cold with a beer! Very cool :)

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Yonas M
Reviewed 6 August 2017

the good thing about travel is that every experience is different. Walking up to the entrance of this place with all the men sitting outside in their towels can be confronting for those that have never done it, but walk past them and smile...they are all chatting and in a good mood. You pay your 13 euro entrance (price at time of writing this) and given no explanation of anything, so you need to ask. I asked about the complete body scrub and the man said I had to pay the lady sitting opposite. so I paid her 10 euro and she said she would get to me in about one hour. I walked up the stairs and on the first level is the ladies door entrance as marked. I walked in and put all my things into the wooden cabinets and locked the door. went through one of two doors (one goes directly to sauna and the other to the wash room but they are not marked in english, so you go to the one on the right side). you wet yourself under shower and then go into the sauna (there is a door in the shower room). the stairs are concrete and warm, so you need to grab the small wooden blocks that are there to sit on, even the wooden row right at the top are hot, so you may want your towel to sit on. a few stints in the sauna and wash and then the lady arrived. She put me on a table (she was still clothed by the way...which is the first time that has happened, I have been in many hamams and wash rooms and the lady has always been unclothed). She uses a brush to wash and scrub you (the liquid she uses looks like and smells like dish washing liquid but nice lemon smell). It is not as thorough scrub as I am used to with other body washes with exfoliating mits. Good for different experience. Not as good as the turkish hamams...but that is why you try different things

Date of experience: August 2017