“Dinner”

Ranked #220 of 1,828 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$14 - US$70
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Torni - at the heart of culinarism Sokos Hotel Torni Restaurant Torni is a classic with a contemporary twist, a world of tastes in the heart of the city. Restaurant Torni is a classic with a contemporary twist, a world of tastes in the heart of the city. Torni’s dining room is a unique milieu that nods to functionalism in its décor, the perfect place to experience the best of Finnish gastronomy. Restaurant Torni caters not only to your taste buds but also to the eyes and the soul – dining in harmony with Finnish art. Torni’s à la carte lives and changes with the seasons. Our chefs carefully select the best of the seasonal offering: game, forest fruits, classics, and new tastes that pay homage to tradition. Our exacting kitchen staff doesn’t cut corners and always aim at perfection. They don’t shy away from trying new approaches but never compromise on exquisite taste.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I like this place. Despite the fact that it is part of the chain, the service is top notch as well as the service quality

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Good for business lunch. Not so much atmosphere in restaurant. Dishes were nice, good but nothing special. I liked the mussels soup, although most of them had sand in them. My Atlantic fish was really nice, but a little bit roo much sauce

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Are you kidding me - 16,50€ for a GT as an aperative ?? Yup! And yes, we had none!

Boring menu and hard to find anything that interested us. We ended up having the house burger (no salt!) and a bowl of soup that was okay.

Staff seemed unmotivated and was never there for us even though the house was definitely not full.

A plus for the lovely location and the tasty sweet potato fries that came with the burger. And yes, green tea was good as well.

This used to be a nice place - what has happened?

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018

The Torni Burger was very bland although it had very strong ingredients The fries on the side were tasteless as well. (Also the waiter took too much money from us, since we were supposed to be having the days special for 25% less. We mentioned it before we asked our receipts and he said that you were supposed to tell it beforehand. I wonder what kind of microwave burgers we would have gotten, since they couldnt give us the lower price.)

Breakfast was also pretty disappointing compared to other Sokos hotels. I wouldnt suggest this to anyone. If you are staying, eat your breakfast somewhere else.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

It is about five years since I visited this restaurant and I was very happy with that visit so the expectations was very high for this time. We came for lunch, had the lunch menu with pork as main and ice cram for dessert, and we were not impressed this time. Pork was dull and not of best quality. Service was OK but I guess I will not return anymore.

Date of visit: April 2018