All reviews the executive lounge great hotel sea view top floor city centre walking distance small gym minute walk bus stop large selection breakfast buffet market square pleasant stay salmon great room public transportation mini bar
Reviewed 31 October 2018

This hotel is wonderfully located in the Helsinki harbor and near the city centre. The interior is very coozy, the rooms are contemporary decorated and of high quality. The staff is very professional and kind. Excellent hotel for business purposes.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonStrand, Director of Operations at Hilton Helsinki Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2018

Dear CasparTCJans,

I would like to thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you found our room to your liking and staff was professional and kind.

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel: the sea view, central location, decor and amenities make for a great experience.Breakfast will make anyone happy with their vast selections of food. I didn't get a chance to use the pool or the gym, but I did take a look at it and it is pretty nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonStrand, Guest service agent at Hilton Helsinki Strand, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2018

Dear ddiaba434612,

Thanks again for choosing Hilton Helsinki Strand for your stay in Helsinki. And thanks for the kind words. We are thrilled to hear that our property was to your liking.

We look forward to welcome you again.

Best regards,
Markus / Guest service agent

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Excellent location, refurbished rooms with modern colours and good material. Open breakfast area / cafeteria gives “home” feeling. Cappuccino could improve but fruit was good. Friendly staff. Good possibility to pre-register before arrival.

Dear Luxembourg454,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and you found our refurbished rooms to your liking.

We hope to have a chance of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Spent there two nights on October. Unfortunately, I was not able to raise the temperature over 23'C (on the thermostat), and never reached this point - it was cold in the room.The location is very good. Personally, I like the fact that there is a taxi stand just behind the corner where the hotel is located. It is also close to the underground/metro station and not that far from the city center (walking distance).I am very disappointed with the housekeeping service level. It seems like floor panels are never mopped, only vacuumed. That is why they are so dirty. Also, the mini bar was never filled-in, did not get new notebook when I finished the previous one available, some complimentaries were not added when used. In my fridge, there was a cheddar cheese of the previous guest (at least), in the wardrobe some instant food.

1  Thank kubih

Dear kubih,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am sorry to hear that we failed regarding housekeeping. I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. We have reviewed your feedback with the whole team and it will be thoroughly dealt with everyone.

Thank you for bringing this up. I truly hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back and show that we can do better.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Pretty little hotel on the water. Rooms with a seaside or canal view are quite nice and bright. The room is designed well and functional with a large desk for working and plenty of plugs. There is a small gym with Precor bikes, treadmills, elliptical as well as a full weight set, balance board, etc. There is also a small pool and a male and female sauna on the 8th floor with a sun terrace for cooling off between sauna sessions. (There are 2 other saunas that always said "reserved" although I don't know how the reservations work.) The executive lounge is small but also has a nice view. Breakfast is served there as well as small appetizers (cheese, olives, chips, crackers and a couple of hot items) from 5 - 7 pm. There are wine, prosecco, and spirits from 5 - 9 pm. The breakfast in the restaurant from 6 - 10 am on weekdays and until 11 am on weekends is nice but didn't blow me away. You can order omelets and are supposed to get coffee and OJ to the table but the staff seemed overwhelmed on weekends. (I couldn't even get a clean table and flatware!) I only had this service late on a weekday morning. There is a small separate area of gluten-free and superfoods (powders, syrups, etc) which I liked a lot. They also have a large selection of milks (including Oatly) in that area. Staff was friendly. Location is close to a tram and metro. There is also a Citybike station just outside which was nice. Overall a good stay.

Room tip: Seaside view rooms
2  Thank SDHopper

Dear SDHopper,

Thank you very much for your nice, detailed review.

I am happy to hear that you had overall a good stay.

I hope to have a chance of welcoming you back in the near future!