US$170
GLO Hotel Art(Helsinki)
US$170
US$104
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Scandic Paasi(Helsinki)
US$177
US$143
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
US$181
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Hotel Haven(Helsinki)
US$269
US$203
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$231/night.

Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
US$151
Eurohostel(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$80
  • Restaurant
Hotel Haaga Central Park(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$112
1,034 results
All reviewsrooftop baramerican barart decotallest buildingtop floorhistorical hoteljugend stylebeautiful roombig roomnice staybars and restaurantsthe heart of the citysingle roommini barexcellent locationbreakfast roombusiness trip
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Try to get a room with a scenary view over Helsinki or at least visit the Ateljee Bar to see the beautiful Helsinki on top of the roofs.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Quite superb hotel. We stayed four nights then one night on our return to Helsinki, so we got to stay in Jugendstil and Art Deco rooms. Jugendstil was more spacious, both styles are beautifully carried off. Excellent bathrooms, great breakfast (one of the best hotel buffets I've had), free wifi, really helpful staff. And not expensive - less than £80 a night. No doubt in my mind where I'd stay if I returned to Helsinki.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was not sure whether to qualify this one as Excellent but decided against it - not because there is something I don;t like, but I simply think that excellence is extremely rare.

Torni has an atmosphere that intrigues: There is a shady KGB ghost floating around and there are bars and restaurants in various locations that make a visit very much worth your while.
The location is great for wandering around Helsinki, but I actually always just end up at the bar itself and listen to the locals make folk-music.
I don;t know when and how often this happens, but every time I was there it did...

The Rooms are all different, some have fantastic views over Helsinki, others are roomy and all are excellently made up with all the conveniences you may need.

People are helpful and the price is reasonable for what you get: a stay in a unique hotel with lots of atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I have been wanting to stay at the Sokos Hotel Torni for ages and luckily it was worth the wait. It offers comfortable accommodation in a beautiful historic building, amazing location and very reasonable rates.

The location is fantastic, I would say probably the best in town, literally minutes away from the best shopping, restaurants and nightlife Helsinki has to offer but still in a quiet enough street to allow for a good night's sleep.
You don't even have to leave the hotel to enjoy some great nightspots, as it has a great little bar (Ateljee) on the top floor that offers great views across the city, perfect for those long summer nights, there is also an Irish pub, O'Malley's with a beer garden and live music and The American Bar for cocktails.

I arrived early and had no problems checking in straight away (always a plus).

The room (Standard Art Deco room) was quite small but I was on my own and travel light anyway so it didn't matter and everything was impeccably clean and very functional, the the bed was super comfortable.

Breakfast was good, enough choice and laid out so that it didn't get too crowded and chaotic.

I didn't have time to visit the hotel spa, so will have to check that out next time. I'll definitely be back.

If you have room high up, it's worth noting that there are two lifts, a small modern one that can get really busy so you might have a to wait awhile to fit in, but luckily the beautiful original lift was always free as I think people assume it's just for decoration.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for the best views
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Speklova
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We just spent 2 nights at Sokos Torni in Helsinki. The hotel is a beautiful art deco hotel. Since both me and my boyfriend are big art deco fans this was perfect for us. The original part was build in 1936, and a bit later it was added a new part in art nouveau. Torni, off course meaning tower, is located in the city center and was until sometime in the 80s the tallest building in Helsinki. We stayed on second floor, and the room was allright. I wish I had spent a little bit more money on the room though, as I have heard they get nicer a bit more up.
The staff is very friendly and everything is very clean. They also have a restaurant, an american bar, an irish pub, an outside grill bar and my favorite: Atelje, the roof top bar.
From the roof you could enjoy a nice, cold, dry cider while watching the beautiful view.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple