Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
View deal
Hotels.com
US$108
View deal
Expedia.comUS$108
HolidayInn.comUS$108
getaroom.comUS$119
All reviews executive rooms are attending a conference one night city centre ihg miko renovation lobby shower floor sauna euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2020

I made the booking with my IHG points. The standard room was 20.000 points. As being an IHG Platinum member, we got an upgrade to an Executive room.

The room size is the same but Executive rooms are located on the top 9th floor. Also, the room is better equipped. It has bathrobes, Nespresso machine, complimentary water, and chocolate.

On arrival, I noticed that over half of the minibar items are missing. There were just wines and spirits left. For my IHG Platinum drink voucher, there were not many choices. The hotel bar was not open yet. Vouchers were just for the minibar.

In the morning, we found out that there was only one bathrobe for two persons.

Otherwise, the rooms are stylish and practical. Also, the room was clean.

The breakfast was served in the bar. It had nearly the same standards as the restaurant breakfast before. The price was 15 euros per person.

Date of stay: August 2020
Riikka Riihioja, Omistaja at Holiday Inn Helsinki - Expo , an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2020

Dear Mikael F,

Thank you for the review.

Your stay was definitely affected by some Murphy's law. I am very sorry for all the problems you faced during your stay.

Unfortunately with us the Elite vouchers are only usable for the minibar, as there is a different company running the bar and restaurant. Luckily we now have the bar open.

All rooms on the 9th floor should have a bathrobe in the bathroom, and another in the closet. I am sorry this was not the case with your room and will forward your review to our housekeeping.

I do hope the points you received as compensation for these problems brought you joy. See you again soon!

Riikka
Shift Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2020

After a few stays here post Covid19 I have only been dissappointed. I have been given rooms that do not meet the basic stadards and the staff attitude is certainly "apologetic" but does not come off very genuine.

I have had rooms with urine stain in the toilet and bath room, dirty towels, minibars that are empty(left to the customer to restock it!) etc so buyer beware. could potentially come with issues if you dont notice yourself.

This used to be a very clean and friendly hotel what happened?

for a quick one night stay this is the only IHG option at the moment.

Hopefully hotel managment will start to pay more attention to their processes in these heightened times to the cleaning and service needs & requirments.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Tony834,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry you feel that cleaning has been forgotten here. We are currently doing everything we can to offer our guests a clean and safe environment to stay in. I cannot connect this review to your stay, so unfortunately I cannot check what has happened with your stay. In any case, I will let our housekeeping know of your feedback.

If you would like to tell more about what has gone wrong, I am happy to listen. You can always call or email us directly.

Again, thank you for reviewing us as it always helps us to improve our service. Hopefully we will see you with us again soon.

With kind regards,
Riikka
Shift Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and a half for a work trip. The rooms are all very modern and clean. The public areas of the hotel are very well kept. The location has easy access to public transportation. The staff were all very helpful and met all of my needs. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
MikoPu, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki - Expo , an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear N7477QNryanm,
Thank you for your stay and feedback!
I'm happy to hear that you liked our hotel and it's various aspects and services. I hope we will see you with us again in the future!

Reviewed 28 December 2019

Services; at front desk was perfect, quick and easy as expected.

Room; size was what we expected. Rooms are renovated after my last visit, great job! New modern Scandinavian look. This is what hotel should feel like next to fair center.

We had breakfast (included); it was bit crowded when we arrived. It’s buffet style; there are extra good selection available. Ails between buffet tables are bit narrow and there is no clear starting point, that creates some confusing where to find what.

Traveled 2 adults for work

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Timo-J,
Thank you for your stay and feedback!
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and you room, and that we were ale to meet your expectations.
My apologies about the confusion during breakfast- The placement and starting points should be obvious, of course.
Hopefully we've worked out the minor problems after your stay. Thank you once more, and welcome again!

Reviewed 25 December 2019

Stayed here for a one night while attending a conference @Messukeskus Helsinki.

The hotel has gone through a renovation recently and is in good shape - rooms are modern and clean, sauna is good and conference facilities are very ok.

The hotel was quiet (even quite full) and I had a good night sleep in a comfy bed and good aircon @exec room.

Unfortunately there were small hickups on the way:

1) New breakfast area downstairs was too full and food ran out for short times (yes I know there was a big amount of students eating there but...)

2) One of the elevators was out of use for whole 24 hours and that made us wait the elevators sometimes too long

3) Mirros casting at the room's TV was configured bad and it wasn't working.

Otherwise a good solid stay

Room tip: The higher the better
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Northerntraveller73

Dear Northerntraveller73,
Thank you for your stay and feedback!
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and that you found that the renovations did good to our hotel. I'm also glad that you were fully able to relax in your room, even during the busier nights. Quiet and calm in the rooms was one of our goals during the renovations, after all!
Regarding your list of hiccups, please accept my apologies about these. We've learnt our lessons about our breakfast, and products should no longer run out for any durations of time. The lift was out of use due to scheduled (and necessary) maintenance, but we could have scheduled it a bit better to avoid clogging the remaining two lifts. I apologize for the time lost. Our TV casting system is also being overhauled to be much more user-friendly and easy to use. Hopefully these hiccups didn't affect your opinion of our hotel too much, and you'll choose us again should you visit Helsinki again.