2 people are viewing this hotel
US$102
PricelineUS$104
Hotels.comUS$104
Agoda.comUS$106
All reviews wellness area sauna and jacuzzi rooftop spa eco friendly hotel a great stay hotel restaurant elo staycation luxury facilities city
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2022 via mobile

The hotel is excellent!
Clean, comfortable, with a friendly staff and a very nice breakfast! And you can easily go to the city center or airport using public transport.
Loved everything there! Nothing to complain at all!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Heikki Päätalo, Guest Services / Front Office at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear Lgraceli,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your 5* star rating!

I just loved the headline of your review - thank you so much! We are also really happy to hear that you had such a comfortable stay at VALO. Especially your kind comments concerning our friendly staff made my Monday - I will forward your regards to our team VALO! TIP: Book next time one of our Comfort or Deluxe rooms to get access also to our Wellness area.

VALO Experince Manager I Head Concierge

Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

Very modern and clean hotel. Nice architecture, build in 2020? Friendly staff and amazing rooftop wellness and spa area!
Rooms are smaller than usual but still comfy and full of quality materials which makes the stay enjoyable.
Menu in the hotel restaurant was quite short but still seems there is something for everyone.

Room tip: Bring swimwear if you want to visit the jacuzzi, pool and saunas. Possible to buy from the reception for 25-35euros.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Heikki Päätalo, Guest Services / Front Office at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2022

Hi Nipaww!

Thank you so much for your kind review and 5 star rating! I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel, VALO Hotel & Work was opened during summer 2020, our design is combine of Finnish architecture and eco friendly thinking. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop Wellness area and our service - I will forward your regards to our team VALO!

TIP: When you need to work remote, you can book one of our working rooms for day use or just buy the day pass to our co-working area.

Best regards,

VALO Experience Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2022 via mobile

We stayed in Helsinki onlr for one night and we are happy to have choosen Valo! A little bit outside of a downtown (but with great tram/bus connection) gives you the best way to relax after busy days. We loved the design, the eco friendly arhitectute, the breakfast with nice Finnish selections, and the cherry on top - sauna and jacuzzi on the rooftop. Simply the best! Kiitos!

Room tip: Book your saunatime in advance.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heikki Päätalo, Guest Services / Front Office at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

Dear Makaronflajs,

Thank you for your amazing review and 5 star rating!

I am extremely happy to hear that you had such a comfortable stay with us - thank you for choosing VALO for your Helsinki base! Our hotel is ideal for guests who wants to stay at quiet location near by Helsinki central park - and as you mentioned - our hotel easily reachable by public transportation.

Thank you also for you kind comments concerning our rooftop Wellness area and our breakfast - you review is simply the best!

Reviewed 28 April 2022 via mobile

Friendly and approachable hotel staff. I wanted to pray my salah before leaving but was already checked out. I asked for a quiet place by the reception and they allowed me to use one of their meeting room. It was the best experience I had in this hotel. Second was their spa. It was the most relaxing holiday i had. Very muslim-friendly.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear hannhh,

Thank you for staying at VALO and for your kind review. I am very happy to hear that you liked our friendly & professional service - I will forward your regards to our Team VALO! TIP: Book next time one of our Deluxe room, those rooms are most comfortable rooms and access to our beautiful Wellness area is included for those upper category rooms.

Reviewed 11 April 2022

My husband surprised me with a staycation on my birthday. Everything was super! I've stayed once before at Valo Hotel & Work last summer and I noticed huge improvement at every section at Valo. The staff was super nice, everything is clean and tidy. Although the rooms are compact, they are nice and usable. Wellness area was clean and although the dressing room (womens) was a bit crowded, it still was nice and the staff member behind the bar (girl with colourful hair) was really nice and easygoing.

Restaurant Elo didn't let us down, we all took the chef's menu. The starter soup was sooo good, pork was delicious and dessert(s) were perfect.

Breakfast was pretty busy (at 10 AM) but everything went surprisingly smooth and quickly. There was enough options and all that I chose was really good (you must try the house made granola, it is top of the notch!)

Date of stay: April 2022
Heikki Päätalo, Guest Services / Front Office at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2022

Hi s_des2017!

Thank you so much for your amazing review and 5/5 rating!

Our whole VALO team is truly happy to hear that you had such a comfortable and memorable stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed our Wellness, breakfast and our Restaurant ELO - I will forward your kind regards to our VALO team!

Have nice and sunny spring time and welcome back to VALO!

Best regards,