2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$151
View deal
PricelineUS$151
Trip.comUS$151
FindHotelUS$152
Agoda.comUS$152
StayForLong
All reviews wellness area sauna and jacuzzi rooftop spa eco friendly hotel a great stay hotel restaurant elo staycation lobby city
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

Newly hotel where the shock did hit when checking in. Bfast was offered at 08.00 at Sunday morning, thanks to Covid 19, which did make this time zones for Bfast. If I would have know this at the booking I would have chosen a other hotel
The Bfast was also overrated, very basic and all juices had water added to much
Wellnes area was great. Two saunas, one steam room. One pool, jacuzzi and a cold water tank. My favourite
Small gym, but didn’t effect me, as it was empty
Hotel restaurant s where not used by me
Location is a little bit to much out side of the city, at least for me

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Heikki Päätalo, Guest Services / Front Office at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2021

Dear Speedy1313,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. First of all I´m sorry to hear that some of our services did not met our expectations. Secondly I´m happy to hear that you liked our beautiful Wellness area - it is one of our unique and most liked service!

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

We spent six days in Helsinki. Valo Hotel is very clean and silent. Breakfast was copious and tasty. Our room was small but enough for us. The bed was the most uplifting experience thanks to everything for the staff who were very kind and friendly.

Room tip: Public bikes are better than hotel's one
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear umbertopezzetta,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star rating and review! I´m happy to hear that you liked our copious breakfast, I hope that you had also time to visit at our beautiful Wellness area - it is one of our unique and most liked service!

Reviewed 26 June 2021

Everything was nice and clean. Lots of customers but still not crowded. Enjoyable breakfast. Quiet rooms.. Very good for the price. Easy to arrive with Your own car. Conviently located. Spa area wooden floors are a bit slippery when wet, so better use shoes or socks

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank annehR3424LB

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 star rating and review! I´m happy to hear that you liked our rooms, breakfast and our beautiful Wellness area - it is one of our unique and most liked service!

Reviewed 3 June 2021

My recent 4 night stay in Valo exceeded my expectations ! Regardless of the current local Covid restrictions, the amenities (eg roof top Spa), were made available for fullest possible enjoyment. All the staff I dealt with made me feel at home (Sini and Mikael at the front desk and Julia in reservations and I forgot a few names ... Sorry !) Nothing was too much to ask and all my requests were accommodated (within a reason). Strong Wi-fi signal throughout the property. Calm and bright lobby has some great spots to "make a nest" and concentrate (they have plenty of other work space options avail too - just inquire). The clean room is compact but Very Well thought out. More than enough outlets for all your must haves ! Valo is not in the Center City but transportation, public and private alike, takes one there in just a few minutes (HEL airport is 17mins away). Valo is already a destination by itself (Spa). Buffet Breakfast was ample with plenty of healthy options and the area is kept spotless. The restaurant menu is short but one can find from it just the Right thing to eat (I had an Excellent Burger) . 7 star Value, 3 star price - You can't go wrong when choosing the Light = VALO in finnish. I will be back !

Room tip: Guests in rooms on the 7th fl do not need an elevator to go to Wellness Area and Gym.
Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank makeusa
Reception VALO Helsinki, Asiakaspalvelu at Valo Hotel & Work, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Hello!

What a great review, thank you so very much!

I'm very happy to read you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We take this covid thing seriously and they might affect on some services that we provide, but we try our best to make the use of wellness area and other services possible for our guests. I'm so glad to hear that we have done it successfully!

I am so delighted and appreciated to hear that me and my colleagues have made your stay pleasant. This is exactly what we want to do and we appreciate a lot you feedback about the service! I will also forward your thoughts about our breakfast and restaurant to the restaurant manager and team!

I wish you a lovely summer and we warmly welcome you back to VALO!

All the best,
Mikael
Duty Manager
VALO Hotel & Work

Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

Good hotel to sleep and work. Quiets rooms and big TV in hotel rooms. Easy to gome hotel via public Transporter. Breakfast was decent and no hurry to eat ewen when breakfast time IS gone... Then not The hotel "business", but If you hawe some problems whit cops/and other similar "institutions" then The hotel believe police 100% Even that you dont hawe any criminal records. Living in 4-years now some "terrorist" accusions because someone talk something and tax-payer pays all those police actions and harasment. In my opinion, that IS stupid and peoples hawe to right to know how The things are for real, and not how The cops/police say they are. If you are same situation than me, then this hotel IS like others hotels whos believe cops/police 100-0 . This country has way too high trust in justice departments and all that kinda "accosiers".

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Getaway15506288017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 4 star rating and review! I´m happy to hear that you liked our rooms and breakfast, I hope that you had also time to visit at our beautiful Wellness area - it is one of our unique and most liked service!