2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$142
PricelineUS$142
getaroom.comUS$147
2,962 results
All reviews business lounge business class railway station shower curtain central location nespresso machine late check standard room breakfast buffet is location is great very nice hotel few minutes walk business hotel an upgrade yogurt sauna city
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Excellent location near train, trams, buses and the Design District. ALL of the staff were friendly and accommodating in these still trying times. They truly seemed happy to have guests.

It would have been nice seeing if the restaurant could have been open for lunch and dinner. It was strange it was open for breakfast which is tremendously overpriced at 23 €! But, it wasn’t open for lunch or dinner.

Date of stay: July 2021
Olli L, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Dear Terry T,
Thank you for your visit and the feedback!
We are indeed very centrally located yet surrounded by quiet streets so it is very easy to both relax and move around the city when staying in Plaza.
And good news, our restaurant will reopen after the summer!

Always happy to have you stay with us!

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

Modern hotel with spacious and clean rooms and great service. Everything worked like it should, special thanks for a spaceous and very functional room (business executive), it even had a sauna. Specially liked the connectivity like hdmi, usb, bluetooth connections to tv and seperate quality speakers. Loved the breakfast delivered to our room. In the parking harage there is free charging of electric vehicles which is a bonus. Good AC and location as well.

Room tip: Free charging of EVs and free wifi
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi P_H_Helsinki_Finland,
Thank you for the review!
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious executive business room and its sauna!
And I am also happy to hear that you got to use the free electric vehicle charging in our garage - it is a rare thing to find in the centre of the city!

Hoping to see you soon again!

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Good in general. Nice staff. Spacious room but not so good cleaning. Good breakfast but it gets a little boring if you stay more than 3 days.
Super good location if you wanna walk around the city and bus and train station.

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear vic122021,
Thank you for the feedback!
I am sorry to hear that your room's cleanliness was not completely satisfactory. However, I hope you got any issues resolved quickly by our team members!
And our location is indeed very convenient for all sorts of activities in Helsinki.
I hope we get to have you stay with us soon again!

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Pros
+ Room upgraded from standard room to business class room as gold member
+ Good breakfast
+ Staff very helpful and arranged for an extra working table to my room
+ Speakers and bluetooth-connection, with possibility to use speakers with the tv off
+ Possible to turn off air conditioning completely
+ Room had a comfortable sofa and sofa table
+ Big screen TV movable in many directions

Cons
- No welcome gift provided as gold member
- Desk is blocked by a panel protruding 15-20cm from the wall
- Air conditioning slow in adjusting temperature
- Chromecast didn't work (technician was unable to fix it) but eventually I got it working myself by sharing my own mobile hotspot.
- Hotel wifi weak. Video conferencing didn't work well (which it did when I instead used my own mobile hotspot).
- Shower head placed somewhat low on the wall, meaning I had to bend down to wet my head
- Windows do not open
- TV options have been disabled so you can't change language in dual-language shows
- Couldn't see any specific environmental initiatives

Neutral
* No water bottles provided as rewards member (but not needed in Finland anyway)

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear Gnopps,
Thank you for the visit and the review!
I am sorry to hear you had some technical issues during your stay.
However, I am delighted to hear that you got a good start to your day from our breakfast and that our team members took good care of you!
I hope we get to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2020

Radisson Plaza is a decent average hotel its a little depressing as the decor gets older , Rooms are small but ok bathrooms are quite small and cramped Breakfast is very good selection wise Hotel is fine for a weekend

Date of stay: November 2019