Lowest prices for your stay
US$327
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$321
LHW.com
US$299
Hotels.comUS$320
travelup.com
Trip.comUS$335
1,923 results
All reviews star hotel executive room separate shower beautiful hotel excellent location the heart of the city central helsinki brasserie spa luxury euros bathtub minibar stylish
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2021

My partner had booked a surprise "Magic of Love" package for us whilst staying in a junior suite for one night. Service had been excellent from the point of booking and continued throughout our stay. The level of detail the staff went in to in order to provide everything to our liking was extraordinary.

The suite itself was very nice, with a large bathroom with both a bath and a separate shower. The spacious hallway had plenty of storage and the separate bedroom had a king size bed, a lounge area and a large desk, with lovely views over the park. The bed was very comfortable - I am normally very fussy with pillows and I had nothing but praise for the bedding in the room :) Another delightful thing was that you can actually open the windows properly! I find that a rare treat these days. The air-conditioning was perfect as well.

The only negative I have to say about the room is that the bathroom had no plug for my hair straighteners. And all the other plugs around the room were nowhere near a mirror which made it very difficult to do my hair. First world problems, I know :)

The package included a bottle of champagne with a fruit basket delivered to the room, a foam bath, in room breakfast and late check out at 2 pm. The suite accommodation also normally includes access to the executive lounge, but due to the covid situation the lounge was closed during our visit so they delivered additional drinks and finger food to the room instead. Everything was delicious but I particularly enjoyed the breakfast in the room. It included a hot dish of scrambled egg, bacon, fried potatoes and tomatoes, plenty of bread and pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt etc. A very good spread and it was lovely to enjoy it in the peace and quiet of the room. The late check out was great as well - to be able to lounge around after breakfast without any hurry.

All in all, our stay was fab and I would go back in a heartbeat. In our opinion, the service was excellent. Every member of staff we came across were all friendly and helpful and we genuinely felt everyone wanted to make our stay the best possible. This should be the norm but very sadly seems to be the exception these days. Kämp delivered on all levels.

Room tip: Our room was the Robert Kajanus suite
Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Tiikeri2011
Kämp CollectionHotels, General Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Dear Tiikeri2011,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful experience with the Tripadvisor community,

It is such a pleasure to read you enjoyed so many of our wonderful services during your stay.

We are so grateful to know we have exceeded your expectations on quality and we are truly proud of our consistent service excellence.

Thank you again for your kind review and we hope to welcome you again soon to create more magic moments.

Reviewed 4 May 2021

An excellent visit to Helsingfors
I frequently visit Helsingfors and usually I stay at this hotel. This time I came here for one night in the beginning of this week. The purpose of my visit was to have some time off from work, and to do some light shopping for Mother’s Day. I live myself nearby in Åbo so this establishment is conveniently close to me. Furthermore, it’s well located in close vicinity to Svenska Teatern, Stockmann, Dela Marga and many of the other main attractions.

Pros:
I had emailed the hotel for an early check-in, and upon arrival I got one.

The receptionist who checked me in was very welcoming and spoke Swedish very well. She even said to me “Välkommen tillbaka” So she knew that I’d stayed previously there. In addition, she offered me a late checkout, which gave me a good impression.

When I got to the room, I noticed that there were some complimentary gifts for me a fruit basket and some chocolate bites. These were much appreciated.

The room was luxurious and came with a marble bathroom with a separate shower and a bathtub. I managed to get a good night’s sleep in the comfortable bed.

The breakfast manager was also very polite and offered me a lovely table with a view to the park. Additionally, she knew how to speak French, which was a nice touch. Despite the pandemic the breakfast buffet had a fair amount of variety, and it was possible to choose from different hot dishes.

Cons:
I didn’t experience any major problems during my stay; however, the following could have improved my experience.

Although the room came with tea making facilities, there were no biscuits or anything else with the tea.

Both hotel St George and Hotel Haven have given up on having plastic bottles in the rooms, but the Kämp still continues to use bottled water. I understand that in countries with poor quality drinking water this is necessary, however tap water in Finland is perfectly drinkable.

Date of stay: May 2021
Kämp CollectionHotels, General Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Dear robin_reser,

Thank you for your excellent review and your loyalty towards Hotel Kämp. I am delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the room, breakfast and the friendly service. I appreciate also your constractive comments regarding room facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Kämp soon again!

With sunny regards,

Milla Liljanko

Reviewed 24 April 2021 via mobile

Suite - a bit bigger room. I’m used to suites meaning a separate bedroom and living room.
In upper lounge that was included in suite very dissapointing experience: very slow service, very tiny and modest finger food and they forgot our last request: water and if possible more finger food. They simply forgot and when I told them this, I got the feeling they were not interested. Is this the five star experience in Helsinki. I’d three plus.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kämp CollectionHotels, General Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Dear Tinttuuna,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

Allow me to express my sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations on this occasion.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to ensure our service is more attentive, our offering in the Upper Lounge more generous and the difference between Junior Suite, Kämp Suite and Executive Suite is clearly available in future.

We hope to welcome you again to Hotel Kämp for for a more enjoyable experience soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2021

The spa is not a real spa - it is just two saunas and two showers, quite overrated I would say. I wasn't expecting any complimentary treatments but a small pool or jacuzzi. Also I wonder how Kämp dares to offer one of the cheapest toilet paper - I know exactly how it looks like because I try to save money at home but I expected some luxury at Kämp. I tried to check out a little bit before midday but it was impossible to get in a lift - every lift was full and I had to pass at least 15 lifts full of people and I didn't find any stairs. Finally when I got to the reception I felt like the receptionist treated me differently than the guest checking out before me: he didn't ask me if I had a good time nor welcomed me again.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank irtsa
Kämp CollectionHotels, General Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

Dear Irtsa,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Kämp. We are saddened to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel facilities and amenities as well as the service upon your departure . Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Kämp, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We will utilize your feedback when considering changes at the hotel.

We truly appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Wishing you a lovely spring time!

Milla Liljanko

Reviewed 2 March 2021

There was a good offer for Finnair Plus members. The Executive room was 246 euros. The rate was flexible and included breakfast. The normal rate would have been 410 euros.

This time we got our room from the old wing. There are only two Executive rooms #610 and #810 in the old wing where the suites are located. Most Executive rooms are located in the new wing.

The room layout was very different from the new wing Executive rooms. The best part was the window in the bathroom. There are only a very few rooms at this hotel that have a window in the bathroom.

Otherwise, the new wing rooms feel more spacious. This time there was a connecting corridor to the Tove Jansson Junior Suite next door that took some of the space away. However, it was nice to see this type of room. We have been in the new wing Executive rooms so many times.

Executive rooms and all suites have access to the Upper Lounge where is a drink and snack service from 15:30-17:30. This time, the service was the best we have encountered at this lounge. The lounge was busy but the waitress kept everything under her control and was very attentive.

The breakfast at the restaurant was very busy. We got a table with plenty of traffic passing by. There were no other options available. The hotel is selling the breakfast also to non-hotel guests at a sale price. I wonder if it is wise because of the pandemic.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank Mikael F
Kämp CollectionHotels, Toimitusjohtaja at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2021

Dear Mikael F,

I am so pleased to read you had another positive experience staying at Hotel Kämp.

Thank you for providing such a great explanation of the Upper Lounge benefits for other community members and for highlighting the excellent service provided.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another great stay!

Best regards,