1,675 results
All reviews luxury collection marble bathroom luxury hotel turn down service executive room beautiful hotel room service esplanade park the location is perfect hotel bar the heart of the city central helsinki train station market square brasserie spa ducky
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Loved our stay at Hotel Kämp! The staff was super friendly and our standard room was big and cozy. The breakfast was delicious and the whole atmosphere at the hotel is luxorious. The bathroom was superb!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
KampCollectionHotels, Manager on Duty at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear NinaV_Travel,

Thank you for your 5-star rating and lovely comments. It makes me happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff, breakfast and rooms. I will be sure to share your feedback with the whole team! We look forward to seeing you returning to Hotel Kämp in the not too distant future.

manager on Duty
Hotel Kämp

Reviewed 28 October 2018

For a 'Leading Hotel of the World' member, Kamp needs to get its act together on some of the basics. For sure the public areas, lobby, bar are beautiful, location is perfect and the staff professional and welcoming. But - as others have mentioned - the VERY long breakfast queue on Sunday morning should be managed better - we ended up being placed in the bar where the tables aren't really suitable and you have to dodge the queue to pick up your breakfast. Also our room wasn't made up on our first day, although we were out most of the time, and then a cleaner was sent when we were getting ready to leave again.
I wonder whether this hotel has expanded its rooms without considering the impact on customer experience?
It wasn't what I expected, and I'd be unlikely to stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiMo
KampCollectionHotels, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Dear DiMo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and our services. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us but very sad to hear that there were issues regarding some of our services. Your constructive feedback has been very helpful as we are working hard on making sure that all our services are up to our guests needs and expectations. I truly hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back some day should your travels bring you back to Helsinki.

Lotta Wesamaa
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We went to kämp on my husband's birthday. We had informed the staff about the special occasion in advance which is why we were surprised that this was not noticed at any point. Even at the check in there was no mention about it.

The rooms are outdated (except the bathroom was nice) and the cleaner could have been a bit more thorough.

The spa was really nice for relaxing and the personnel at the breakfast was very professional.

1  Thank Eegon
KampCollectionHotels, Manager on Duty at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Eegon,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Hotel Kämp and sharing your thoughts with us and fellow travelers. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with Kämp Spa and with the personnel at breakfast. However, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the fact that your needs were not met with regards service and room. At Hotel Kämp, we always want to surprise and delight our guests on special occasions. Therefore I am very sorry to hear that you didn´t receive anything on your special day. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations. Therefore your feedback is very valuable to us.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Helsinki.

Manager on Duty

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Room was excellent, as well as service in general. Hotel was full so they advised us to be early at breakfast. We were there before 9 Sun morning - and stood waiting for 15 min until a free table was found. 45 min later the queue was longer. I think a world class hotel as Kämp should be more creative in managing the peaks at breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KampCollectionHotels, Restaurant Manager at Hotel Kamp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear IK70,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your stay at Hotel Kämp. I am sad to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations; we are truly sorry for that. At Hotel Kämp, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am very sorry to hear, that the breakfast was crowded and you had to wait to be seated. We will do our utmost everything to manage the guest flow more efficiently in the future. We appreciate the time you took to share your opinion with us, and we hope that you will be back soon, so we can prove just how well we can maintain the peaks of the breakfast.

Anu Sihvonen
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night being the only 5 star in Helsinki. Staff were efficient and friendly. Our room had everything it should have but I can't say I liked the decor at all. I know the hotel has a history and the older side is protected but the wing we stayed in was in one of the adjoining much newer buildings. The decor in these rooms make it feel you are staying in something out dated, furnished with reproduction furniture and yellow painted walls.The bathroom on the other hand was very stylish with a shower and bath. The mini bar was ridiculously over priced along with the tv's so called entertainment package at an extra cost of 19e. The films and programmes in this package were very old with not much choice. The tv internet didn't work at all and although the tv was up to date you couldn't link it to any other devices you may have. In this day and age of film on demand and streaming what was offered for 19e was very bad.
Breakfast had a vast choice of good quality food and check out was very fast.

Dear male_member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and the services we offer. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff and breakfast. However, I am disappointed to hear that we have failed to meet your expectations regarding the room decor, minibar prices and TV services. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation. Therefore your feedback is very valuable to us.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back some day should your travels bring you back to Helsinki. Wishing you a lovely Autumn time.

Manager on Duty