Lowest prices for your stay
US$191
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$184
Trip.com
US$176
PricelineUS$191
Hotels.comUS$184
TravelocityUS$184
1,520 results
All reviews boutique hotel style room small hotel porridge minute walk quiet location yogurt harbour stylish lux supermarket sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

I genuinely could not love this hotel more! I stayed for 22 nights during August 2021 which gave me a great insight into the Hotel Fabian experience.

Their motto is “we don’t mind if you stay longer” and I could quite easily have done so had I not been keen to get home! I stayed in a Lux Room which was a perfect “home away from home”, a little like a studio apartment, where I could work at the table during the day (the high speed WiFi never once dropped out, even when running training via video link across Europe and Asia!), and relax in the evening with a drink on the balcony or on the sofa.

I enjoyed the hotel breakfast in the mornings, and then self catered most of my other meals as there is an excellent fridge and microwave in the Lux room. There is a supermarket barely a two minute walk away with a fresh food counter and Stockman department store has an amazing food hall and is a ten minute walk. Weekend evenings were generally lying on the sofa watching Netflix on the sizeable TV via chromecast with a takeaway pizza (I would recommend Via Tribunali) via food delivery app “Wolt” which you can have delivered to the hotel.

The central location of the hotel makes it amazing for exploring Helsinki, yet it’s on a quiet side road which meant a full night’s sleep every night!

There is so much more I could write about why I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat but I’ll just close with saying thank you to every staff member who made me feel that my home wasn’t really 5000 miles away. It’s been my pleasure to stay here and I wish you all the success as Finland opens its doors to more tourists over the coming months.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Mats Lindfors, General Manager at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Dear Gabriella,

we were delighted to have you as our guest and thank you for your fantastic review! We couldn´t be happier to hear, that you have felt at home with us. It is great to hear, that Lux-room and all the services have been convenient for you. We will pass your heart-warming greeting to our staff members. You are mostly welcome to stay with us again anytime.

Have great start into the fall!

Kind regards,
Varpu
Front Desk

Reviewed 19 August 2021

A beautiful hotel and we had a nice, spacious room. The staff was friendly and their style of service made us feel like special and desired guests. Breakfast was great, especially the sweet pastries were delicious. It was nice to enjoy breakfast in "indoor terrace". I only noticed two minor cons: are the bar soaps really the best option in a hotel? At least we didn't use even half of our soap and it must be thrown away. Another minor issue was that the breakfast room was a bit cramped.
But all in all, a very cozy and atmospheric small hotel. :)

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mats Lindfors, General Manager at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Fabian and for your feedback.
Nice to hear that your visit was a success and that you especially liked the breakfast. It is heart warming that our staff's attendance met your expectations.

It is also rewarding for us to hear your experiences and suggestions to do even better. We will think through your feedback and discuss could be able to develop our operations and act differently.

Happy autumn and welcome again to Hotel Fabian!

Best regards,
Kristian
Hotel Fabian

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Hotel was awesome and walking distance to everything! The staff was very accommodating and helpful for our short stay of 4 days. Rooms are clean and just enough amenities for our stay. Shops, dining, and sovereign are all 10-15 minute walk. Enjoyed our stay and next time we visit will be to Lapland, Finland. Thank you everyone at Hotel Fabian.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mats Lindfors, General Manager at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Dear TurksinLove!
Thank you for staying in hotel Fabian and taking time to write this review. It was really nice to hear that you enjoyed your time here.
Have a nice Lapland vacation. Hopefully we will see you again next time you plan a trip to Helsinki.

Best regards,
Kristian
Hotel Fabian

Reviewed 19 February 2021

Hotel Fabian is a nice small boutique hotel just few blocks away from Helsinki city center. The hotel is a cozy, stylish and quite well maintained. The rooms are comfortable and decorated tastefully. our rooms was a bit cold in the middle of the winter and we heard similar comments upon check outs from other guests. The reception staff was friendly but their ability to handle the complaints seemed to be limited. The breakfast is served in cozy area next to reception. "Outside pandemic times" this is a nice and cute set up, but during the covid19 the atmosphere was quite hectic and frantic. Also the selection of dishes was quite limited.

Room tip: Style room has nice small balcony
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank 451vm
Mats Lindfors, Other at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

HI VM451,

Thank you for your stay with us. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the rooms and our location. Sorry to hear that you encountered problems with the heating. We did experience have some problems and our engineers was tweaking the system for and they were able to solve the problem after awhile.

I would like to get more details on the how we were unable to resolve the issues you experienced. Hopefully w could learn from this and work towards

I will go through your feedback about the breakfast with the breakfast team. We have done some adjustments after your stay with the timeslots and the flow of people. From what I have seen the new system is better then the old one, however the situation is tricky with the current pandemic situation.

Thank you for your stay and warmly welcome back again and I do hope that are going towards the end of this pandemic.

stay safe

Regards,

Mats / Hotel Fabian

Reviewed 31 October 2020

"Homelike" older hotel with very friendly lovely staff and central location. No-frills breakfast, of course covid restrictions currently. Lux-room unfortunately didn't feel "Lux", but a regular apartment with maintenance and surprising repair issues in need of renovation. Maybe the other rooms are more pristine but for this price range I cannot say it matches the expectations at all.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mats Lindfors, Muu at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2020

Dear Jariadi,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to read that you found our staff friendly and attentive. I have taken the maintenance issues up with our engineers. I´m sorry to read that we were not quite up to the expectations you had.

I thank you for your feedback and wish a great end to this week.

Welcome back anytime!