1,354 results
All reviews quiet street boutique hotel style room small hotel porridge boiled eggs comfort room sister hotel the breakfast area comfortable bed wonderful stay good size breakfast was delicious lovely hotel minute walk cold cuts market square
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We booked this hotel because we read the lovely reviews online. We stayed 2 nights in very nice and clean room. The hotel has great location, excellent staff. We ate very nice breakfast . We will come back to stay in this hotel in the end of this year.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My family and I were in Finland in early August 2018. We are very pleased with the Lux Room which we booked (though we had a little bit of a hiccup on the 1st night when we were not given what we booked for but the hotel professionally ensured we got what we booked). Very conveniently located to many attractions. Very pleased with our stay.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Central,, yet quiet. Large comfortable room. Helpful, attentive staff. Good breakfast. Hotel bicycles available for use by patrons were fun and allowed us to see more of the fabulous city of Helsinki.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
FabianHotel, reception at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Al A,

thank you for your feedback.

Welcome again in future!

Best regards,
Jan

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We just got back from a week’s stay in Helsinki. I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews. Wow. Was I impressed. This hotel is well designed and centrally located. We took a Yellow Line taxi from the airport and paid 50 euros round trip for two people. I had asked for comfort room 410 based on room recommendations. It’s nice because that and room 412 have their own mini separate entrance at the end of the hallway. These rooms are also larger than typical comfort rooms. I was happy our request was granted! Reception was very nice and answered various questions we had during our stay. Room was a very nice size with comfy king size bed with duvets and soft cotton sheets. There was a sofa at the foot of the bed. We used the minibar fridge to put our drinks. Bathroom had big walk in shower. We also requested and received a tea kettle. The location is great. Take a right out front door and you arrive at a large square. On it is a big grocery and post office. Buy your yummy Frazer chocolate at this grocery cause it was the cheapest I found in town other than the basement grocery at Stockman’s— around 2.5 euros each. The strawberries were also very good and cheap compared to the harbor market. Walk a few more blocks and you get to the main drag with the Esplanade and harbor marketplace. We ate salmon dinners there everyday! Fresh wild salmon from Norway with potatoes and veggies for about $15. The best salmon I’ve ever had. We also found lots of nice things to buy at the crafts side of the market. We did boat tours and one to Porvoo. Also highly recommend the Seurasaari open air museum to which we took a boat one way and bus back. We spent one day in Tallinn, Estonia — we took the Viking ferry. Did one day on hop on hop off to see tourist sites like chapel of silence, rock church and Sibelius monument. I would recommend at least a week in Helsinki if you are into “slow travel” like we are. We actually could have used a few more days to see museums. Well at least we will have an excuse to go back. We will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mango_eater
FabianHotel, Duty Manager at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear mango_eater,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Fabian. We are so happy to hear that your trip to Helsinki and Hotel Fabian was very successful.
It would be our pleasure to have you back at Hotel Fabian in the future.

With kind regards,
Merita

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival, I discovered the A/C didn’t work after waiting an hour - remained at 26 degrees! I was in the more expensive upstairs room with full exposure to the setting sun that heats the room till 9 or 10 pm. Fortunately, the kind staff moved me downstairs to a room with functional A/C. I got a more comfortable room and saved €40 per night! No restaurant on site, but a few blocks away you can find a few options. The best option is to head down to Esplanadin Puisto and surrounding streets for nice scenery and tons of eateries. Finally, the breakfast was small but very satisfactory. Look for the glass-covered seating just through the door.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo