US$206
Eurohostel(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$95
1,321 results
All reviewsquiet streetboutique hotelstyle roomsmall hotelboiled eggsporridgecomfort roomsister hotelthe breakfast areacomfortable bedwonderful staygood sizeminute walklovely hotelbreakfast was deliciousdesign districtcold cuts
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights over easter and was a lovely hotel. The hotel is in a great location and the room was very comfortable and large (we had a comfort room). Beds were amazingly comfortable i have to say! The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic with great options for everyone and even had home made bread! Definitely recommend this place and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FabianHotel, Jan / Reception at Hotel Fabian, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Martin,

good to hear you had a pleasant stay.

We appreciate your feedback.

Welcome again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The room was modern, clean and very spacious. Great location, near the centre of Helsinki. The breakfast is very nice, lots of choice and available almost all morning. Late check out of 12 which is great. And most importantly, the staff were very friendly and helpful!! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert,

thank you for your message.

Hope to see you again in future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I flew into Helsinki only for three wonderful days from Stockholm! (We are from Michigan)took A taxi to the Wonderful Fabian Hotel! We were greeting warmly and had A lovely room with A small balcony!The Fabian also served A very nice Breakfast buffet! The Location seemed to be very good,we could walk all over and do so much! We were close to the water and took a few different Boat tours! Our only problem was, we arrived on A Saturday and The Alcohol laws are No sales after 6pm on Saturday until Monday! Well one beauty Staying at The Fabian is that they are Right Next door to The Wine,Beer Liquor Store! If I hadn’t been talking and asking so many Questions with The woman at The front desk, We would have made it on time for Our Wine supply! Now the Other Good thing with The Fabian is that They Have A small Bar selling Wine, Beer and Liquor! At night we would take glasses of Wine up to our room and sipping ,while sitting on our Balcony!
Overall, we had A great time for the short stay in Helsinki before taking The big boat to Tallinn Estonia! We would definitely return to Helsinki and also return to The Lovely Fabian Hotel! Cheers

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear EmZee,

thank you for the feedback.

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Welcome again to Hotel Fabian!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed at Hotel Fabian with my partner for 2 nights on a weekend.

Disclaimer: I have lived in Helsinki for 10 years so I'm fairly familiar with the city.

Our stay was a special occasion as we were in Helsinki celebrating my partner's birthday. We arrived at the hotel with a taxi, so I'm not sure how it would have been with public transport. A train or bus to the city center, followed by a tram ride I suppose. The nearest tram stop is some 3-4 minutes from the hotel, but you can access the shopping areas easily by foot.

The check-in was smooth and we were surprised to find a birthday greeting (a card and chocolates) for my partner in the room. A very nice touch! The room itself was spacious and decorated in a way that we felt was more home-like (at least ours), which we liked very much. The bed and pillows were nice, but the duvets (2 of them) could have been a bit thicker as this gives a more luxurious feeling. Bathrobes were provided, but not slippers.

The bathroom was ok - no bathtub, but a nice large shower and enough shelf/countertop space for toiletries.

I had ordered breakfast to our room for the first morning, and it was presented in the most lovely way! The breakfast room downstairs was charming, a modern home-like kitchen / breakfast room where the employees would steak croissants or cook eggs on the stove in a kitchen that was fully open to the dining area. It made me feel like being part of a giant family having breakfast together. A nice touch if you ask me. I also loved the quality of the breakfast, and that they have really made an effort to bring a large variety of Finnish ingredients to the guests, as well as inform the guests of the origins of various things.

Overall, this was a charming hotel located nicely just outside the busiest city center. Those that don't know Helsinki very well, I would recommend taking a walk around Kaivopuisto, a walk to Allas sea pool (across the passenger harbour), the old market house (Vanha Kauppahalli) and Johanneksenkirkko, which is a very rare example of Gothic church architecture. The Senate Square Church and the Uspenski Cathedral are also within a short walking distance.

I would love to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stayed for just over 2 months at the Fabian hotel and when we left, the staff asked if we had any comments or suggestions and I honestly couldn't think of one thing I would change. The staff, professional, friendly, super helpful, accommodating, nothing was ever too much for them to handle. We stayed in the biggest room which I would recommend for long term stays as it has a lovely kitchen , living space and a bedroom all which add to the feel of "home". The breakfast is great, fresh and tasty, again the breakfast staff, always accommodating . The rooms are clean, and all the furniture was in great condition. The location is wonderful, we know Helsinki well and its a quiet neighbourhood with plenty of amenities and services about. For a short or long term stay, I highly recommend the Fabian. Excellent hotel, probably one of the best we've had the pleasure to experience.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple