“Small excellent restaurant for "own money"”
Review of Aito

Aito
Ranked #50 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Kampinmalmi
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This small excellent restaurant is in Töölö, in Helsinki city. Area is very nice and apartments are quite expensive in that area.

We visit there with our family (all adults). There were menu choice of 35 euros with 4 courses. It was very good and worth of money.
Staff was very friendly and took into account our one very allergic person very good.

I strongly recommend this restaurant

1  Thank Mualiman_matkaaja

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions and the food has always been very good. The quality of the waiting staff can vary a lot, so it is unfortunately a bit of a hit and miss with who happens to be working your table. Some are excellent, some of the best in Helsinki, but many are just average or slightly above. When you are lucky to have one of the best serving you, the dining experience really is elevated to another level, with a lot of knowledge about the wines and foods being shared by the enthusiastic and very friendly waiter.

The menu changes quite often so a new visit is always sure to guarantee a new experience. The atmosphere is cosy and relaxed. Very reasonable prices for the food but, as one can expect in Finland, alcohol costs an arm and a leg.

Overall, I can very much recommend this restaurant if you wish to enjoy wonderful Finnish and Nordic ingredients and flavours true to the season but prepared in a somewhat more fine dining fashion.

1  Thank 13_Hedgehog
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Superb, great, delicious, a vouyage through a secret set menu. With wine pairing. Not cheap. But worth the 20 minutes walk from our hotel in the snow!
Thanks to the staff at Aito for making it such a great experience.
Will return

1  Thank Jose Q
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Had to take the dearly beloved one to Helsinki City on business, when she surprised me with a request and offer of lunch ON HER!
As often happens there was some guidance into the selection of the restaurant: Somebody´s friend had been to Aito and gave a rather positive comment.
When we arrived the place lloked a bit off, like a Kaurismäki movie set. Reminded me of the old milk bars in the country when I was a kid. I am also not a big fan of the chalk menus on the wall. (Poor eyesight combined with a stiff neck)
As I had done my research in advance we ordered a glass of cava which ended up being an excellent choise.
She had grilled asparagus which was a bit more than one served cold, marinated, with crisp bread and a black egg -marinated, too. Had a very impressive taste.
I had a plate of parsley root soup, which was very smooth and very, very tasty.
She does not eat meat so had to settle for a fried fish, looked and according to her tasted food. My "pulled ox tail" was very good, too. Both items were colourful and well prepared. Tasted of what they consisted of, not overly processed.
And then!
Orange Creme Brulée. Oh boy. That was good!
I might "have" to have another business trip to Helsinki myself just to sneak in for this jewel.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Food is really delicious: menu set was based on local seasonal products and it was fantastic! The restaurant is definitely suitable for couples and small groups. Also there was great and friendly staff that was ready to give all information on wine and food. Must visit!