Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$144
FindHotel
US$131
ScandicHotels.comUS$143
PricelineUS$143
EtripUS$149
All reviews helsinki city comfortable beds the air conditioning central location noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2021

If you're looking for a hotel with central location and traffic noises do not disturb you, then this is for you.
If not - either get prepared with ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones, for this hotel is not for resting.
Trams noise is disturbing until early in the morning (2-3am-ish).
Rooms are wore down and weary. In my room the phablet used to communicate with reception was broken down and live wire was hanging around.
Included breakfast is decent if you're an omnivore w/o any exceptions - then you're set.
Be a vegan or vegetarian - the included breakfast is lackluster and sad.
No soy sausages, no patties or soy balls.
Getting your daily startup on vegan protein is difficult in this hotel.
This hotel wouldn't have been my accomodation if it had been my choice,
but it wasn't.

Cannot recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Scandic Hakaniemi, General Manager at Scandic Hakaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry to hear, that your stay with us has not gone as expected.

I'd like to thank you for taking some of your precious time and writing us a review. It helps us to improve our services for the future.

I sincerely hope you can give us another chance in the future, so that we can show you our improvement.

Kind regards, Julia, Duty Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2021

Location was very good. It is well connected to the main square, but it is advisable to use the train and then the metro to the hotel and not the bus (to and from the airport). The staff was always friendly, the room was large and clean (room 427). The only criticism I have was that in the bathroom not all of the hangers were properly fixed and the shower hose was also not in order. Water was running down. Breakfast buffet was good, maybe you could vary a bit. In the 4 days I was in the hotel - 3 of which I had breakfast - the food was always the same. Nonetheless a very good experience, recommendable and if I'm travel to Helsinki, I'll be happy to come back.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Warmly welcome again.

Kind regards, Julia, Duty Manager.

Reviewed 5 October 2021

Room was clean. Good location. Good breakfast with good choices.

I woke up becouse of the a/c unit was making ticking noise. No compensation (Except candy or soda from reception shop what I don't eat or drink

Date of stay: October 2021
Review collected in partnership with Scandic Hotels
Scandic Hakaniemi, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Hakaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2021

Dear Einarintravels,

Thank you for your review and stay at our hotel. We are extremely sorry that the a/c unit has started to make a ticking noise during your sleep. It is extremely important for us, that our guests will have a good night sleep without any disturbance. It also seems, that our way of compensating was lacking this time. We kindly thank you for your feedback so we can improve this in the future. All of our team is truly happy to hear that the room was clean during your stay and location was satisfying.

We wish you a lovely autumn time and hope to have you soon back as our guests. Warmly welcome!

With The Best Regards,

Sofi
Front office duty manager
Scandic Hakaniemi

Reviewed 1 August 2021

I stayed at this hotel for One Night. My room was on the 9 TH floor, so No problem with Noise from the outside. The hotel reception is very small and oddly shaped. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel only has two elevators, so it can sometimes be a Long wait for an free elevator. My room was ok, but fairly small, with all the furniture inside. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

The breakfast was on the second floor and pretty basic. The breakfast room has nice views to Hakaniemi market place. The place was fairly packed during Sunday morning, a lot of guests having breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we warmly welcome you again!

Kind regards, Julia, Duty Manager.

Reviewed 24 August 2020

The hotel is awful (both reception and hotel areas). Rooms are very noisy (the hotel is quite central and the window do not block noise outside as they should) and dirty. Service personnel very unpolite.

Date of stay: January 2020