Hotels.com
eDreams
Lol.travel
fabiofort
Beerta, The Netherlands

good value for the money

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 May 2022
we had a stopover in Helsinki on our way to Ivalo and this little cheap hotel was great value for the money. Helsinki is an expensive city and here we had all we needed, centrally located, reasonable breakfast, and no frills.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    €90
4.6 km from Hotel Midpoint Helsinki
Pool
View more hotels in Helsinki
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2022

We stayed here for 3 nights in Helsinki. The location is brilliant and our room was a good size with a large TV which was great. These are the only positives from our stay.
Our room wasn't very clean. The sofa smelt disgusting, after sitting on it, it even made our clothes smell disgusting too.
It was very loud at night because of the scraping of the ice at 3am and the curtains were thin so a lot of light came through.
The breakfast was really poor. On our last day, they had run out of most of the food and it wasn't replenished. We didn't arrive just before breakfast finished either so there should have been food. There was poor variety in the food, cheap store brought cakes, scrambled egg that was tasteless etc. I just ate an orange each morning as that seemed the best choice.
It was also very confusing on how to enter the hotel. We came to the front of the hotel but there was a sign on the door to say to go round the side of the building. But you needed a code to get it. We rang them and they said to come round the front and the sign on the door was just for delivery drivers. We double-checked and it didn't say this on the sign so it was really confusing and needs to be more clear for your guests.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 26 February 2022

It's a dump, no other way to describe it and a lot depends on how it is managed. Location close to the train station, but it doesn't compensate for the deficiencies and there are other options around in the similar price range. Single rooms facing away from the street are more modern than the those facing the traffic.

I've booked a double room and asked for it to be a 'quiet' one, which they confirmed was available. The room included breakfast. When I arrived the room I was given was the loudest possible, facing the traffic and placed at the crossroads, right over the reception. It was also depressingly dated. I've asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel facing the courtyard and they've given me a single room, which was quiet and felt updated, but they've refused to compensate for the difference between the single and double room.

The room rate included breakfast, which was good, but I had to move out early the second day and asked if it would be possible to get some packed food to go. They said they would give me some sandwiches, but those never materialised and no reimbursement.

The reception guy who spoke English did not show much care. I've asked to charge my phone, he's given me the cord for a few hours and said to return it by 10 pm for the night shift. There was no night shift. The others seemed nicer, but barely spoke English and it was hard to communicate. No recommendations on where to have something to eat. The reception guy just mentioned Vapiano across the street, which was not great tbh.

The worst thing is that they close reception at will, without warning and then you are on your own and cannot get into the building. They closed at 6 pm on a Thursday and I had to walk for over an hour under the pouring rain trying to figure out the back entrance, with the help of two random people including a security officer from the neighbouring mall and none of us could find that door! I managed to finally get through to the reception guy on the phone and he gave me precise instructions, but it was a struggle. Since the reception was closed, it was not possible to have either tea or coffee to warm up, mind you they advertise it so eagerly as being available at all times.

It was a miserable stay and I didn't feel secure or welcome at all. There was no apology or any sort of consolation from the hotel. I wouldn't recommend it, it is not reflective of the Finnish hospitality

Room tip: If you want a quiet room, go for a single one
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank NicheUK
Reviewed 29 December 2021

It was my first visit to Finland which is a country of thousand lakes. Helsinki being a historic city was one of the major attractions for me. I had a memorable stay at Midpoint Hotel Helsinki. At the reception I happened to know Mr. Thomas who has a pleasant personality, a keen sense of hospitality and care. He guided me so well that I didn't feel need to Google about anything. I am impressed by the qualities which Thomas possess. He is an asset to the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cisco J
Reviewed 23 December 2021 via mobile

Value for money hotel next to the train station. The infrastructure is a bit old and should be renovated but the staff was very friendly, polite and kept our luggage safe after checking out and before catching our train to Rovaniemi. Definitely recommended.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanerr
Reviewed 17 December 2021

The location is great - just a few minutes from the train station and close to the shopping streets and the Christmas market.
I think there is no lift, but the room was OK - decent size for a short stay, comfortable beds and double windows to prevent the street noise. I think the frame of the bathroom door was missing some parts as the door didn't close properly.
The breakfast was OK, except the coffee. There is a small display and nice coffee machine next to the reception, but we were told the barista doesn't come on Sundays.... The bar was nice, they also offer some food and there was a life music on Saturday evening.

1  Thank MadiYo