Lowest prices for your stay
US$270
US$276
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$270
eDreamsUS$276
PricelineUS$276
Trip.comUS$299
All reviews atelier room soda stream old church bakery downstairs park suite modern art steam sauna cinnamon buns complimentary minibar balcony room high tech hotel experiences five star hotel rain shower nordic design rooms are beautiful spacious bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2021

In my opinion this hotel mixes classic & contemporary perfectly.
I especially loved to see how the sleek, completely renovated building still preserves original architecture e.g. in the staircase lobby.

I felt I had been introduced to a fresh definition of luxury. Everything top-notch yet with simplicity and an understated elegance, no bling or excess.
Besides the tons of artwork including names like Ai WeiWei, it's unique how attention to quality has been dedicated equally to both public areas and rooms.
Outstanding soundproofing, rain shower, finnish/nordic design fills the room - from drinking glasses to lamps and furniture.

I found the spa a bit lacking in comparison to other experiences, it could have more loungers and better use the space around the pool.
I was staying with a 3mo baby, a crib was quickly delivered to our room and the best quality I've had in a hotel so far; elevators and corridors fit a stroller well, and there were no restrictions taking the baby to the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. I did go alone to the spa though.

Staff was friendly, professional and helpful, truly above average for Helsinki, standards. Massage in the spa was easily top 5 I've had.

Room tip: Rooms with the view to the park
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank liha1119
Roni Huttunen, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Dear liha1119,

Many thanks for your detailed review.

Art, design and wellbeing are at the center of our neo-luxury experience - I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay.

I am especially pleased that you have found our team members friendly and helpful. It is my pleasure to pass your compliments to the entire team, and the team at St. George Care spa in particular.

I wish you warmly welcome back to Hotel St. George and Helsinki.

Reviewed 15 March 2021

The St. George is one of those hotels that stand out. Being a Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium member, and having stayed at many good hotels, I would rank this hotel one of the top three in the world. The hotel was so quiet, so clean, and so perfect. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Always having a suggestion of where to get take out meals to bring back to the room (as there were no restaurants in Helsinki open during this pandemic lockdown). Knowing we would like variety, the first night was one of the best Thai restaurants in Scandinavia, located on the first floor of the hotel. The second night, a wonderful Italian restaurant at a neighboring hotel. What amazed me was when we walked back into St. George with our Italian take-out food that the staff prepared cutlery for us. Saying so gracefully that the other hotel had called over to let them know that they did not have cutlery, so this was prepared by the St. George. A fantastic experience in Helsinki, the whole city seemed to want to keep the visitors safe and happy. I Will definitely plan to visit again in the summer with the family for a vacation, when hopefully the snow and pandemic have been left behind. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys good service, while staying in a fantastically beautiful and peaceful hotel.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Roni Huttunen, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Dear VolleyballTeam2020,

Many thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travellers.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, and especially pleased to hear that our team members have provided service and attention to detail that has made your stay a comfortable and memorable one. It is my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Helsinki and Hotel St. George in the coming summer.

Reviewed 9 March 2021

What an experience! First class service, first class food, first class room. Even breakfast was good thus far take away because of the restrictions. Didn’t miss a thing. We also got to experience the gym, Wintergarden and the Spa. Everything was extraordinaire - in a positive way :) thank you!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roni Huttunen, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Dear minnaOi,

Many thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team.

I wish you warmly welcome back to Hotel St. George.

Reviewed 24 January 2021

Wonderful and comfortable hotel in a perfect location. The decoration of the rooms is calm and harmonious and the soundproofing is top notch. Hotel Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast delicious and varied. We had a great time and will definitely visit the hotel again. At this hotel we will probably spend our wedding night❤️

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Roni Huttunen, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Dear AlejandraW36,

Many thanks for your delightful review. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team.

I wish you warmly welcome back to Hotel St. George, on your wedding night and otherwise as well.

Reviewed 21 January 2021

Hotel St. George is still newish hotel that perfectly combines boutique and luxury in a perfect way. Hotel is built to an old building yet honoring many classic features of the old building and at the same time bringing stylish & modern twist. The location is ideal: literally a stone throw from city center and by a relaxing park. The staff at the reception was friendly and professional. Our rooms was an Atelier room with balcony overlooking the park & old church. The room was very not only spacious, but also cozy, stylishly decorated and yet functional. As we stayed in the early August, we ordered room service breakfast (which was sumptuous and delivered by a lovely lady), and enjoyed that outside in our private balcony. What a perfect start of a sunny day! All in all, truly high class hotel offering high price value. Everything worked out very well and we really enjoyed our stay. Strongly recommended!

Room tip: Pamper yourself and pay a bit extra for an Atelier suite with balcony (I would do that both on business and leisure)
Date of stay: August 2020
Roni Huttunen, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Dear 451vm,

Many thanks for your visit and most kind review. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team.

Wishing you warmly welcome back to Hotel St. George,