All reviews atelier room winter garden old church luxury hotel soda stream ai weiwei cold champagne andrea restaurant hotel bakery spa area is pretty park toilet seat two sinks modern art nice cafe instant coffee freshly baked bread
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Liked the hotel! Clean- very friendly Hotel staff
Breakfast fine - nice touch with quiches and shashuka
Bar was deadly - empty, expensive and layout not at all welcoming
Good location. Walked everywhere - but tram very accessible on a very rainy evening return from Estonia

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

What a gem! Luxourius hotel with a subtle and not too flashy nordic manner, just what you would expect in a prime Finnish hotel. The rooms are designed with a good eye and hotel lobby and other public areas have a good vibe too. Only the breakfast served did not exceed our expectations. Plus points for the small bakery and Monocle shop.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RAHut, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear pekkaopuhakka,

Many thanks for your most kind review. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I am especially pleased that you have enjoyed St. George Bakery and the adjacent Monocle Shop. We take pride in baking all bread and pastries in-house, and our Reading Room in connection with the bakery invites you to unwind with daily newspapers and treats from the bakery menu.

Wishing you warmly welcome back to Hotel St. George,

Yours sincerely,

Roni Huttunen

Hotel St. George

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

The St George was an excellent hotel in Helsinki. Larger rooms than average for hotels in the Nordics and very modern.

The hotel had a nice Cafe, a cool lobby/bar area where you can chill and the restaurant was also quite good.

The location can't be better and the staff is very professional and nice.

Areas for improvement :
The gym was quite limited.
The electric outlets next to the bed are blocked between the headboard and the side tables!!

Overall definitely recommended and will come back when we're back to Helsinki.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I loved staying in the St. George last week during my four day trip to a conference in Helsinki. I had never had the opportunity of staying in Helsinki before, so I was completely at the mercy of previous reviewers on booking.com and trip advisor when arranging my hotel. Well done, fellow reviewers - you were spot on. The St. George has everything I could wish for in a well-appointed, modern town hotel: a beautiful period building, elegantly remodelled, modern, unpretentious design, outstandingly helpful and well-mannered front desk service, spacious enough rooms, with everything I need (especially a kettle and some pretty tea bowls), a big bath, that fills quickly, very spacious bathroom with a massive rainforest shower head in the shower. There is a lovely quiet winter garden with bar, an excellent restaurant downstairs and - from the look of it - a well-equipped spa with sauna, which I didn't have the opportunity of using. The food is delicious and the room service menu good enough to make staying in after a long conference day appealing. There is a delightful bakery downstairs which serves the best cinnamon buns on the planet (open at 0800) and walking into the main shopping area and the old town is a matter of minutes. Situated on the edge of a small park, the hotel is quiet on the street side. I would come back here immediately on my next trip - I would even come back specially for the cinnamon buns.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor room 403 looking over the park and it was lovely, quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is brand new, just opened three months ago. The rooms are large and extremely well appointed, with elegant and high quality fixtures. Beds and sheets are terrific, the doors are the thickest we’ve ever seen and they insulate sound and heat perfectly (probably fire proof). Water pressure is high and the rain shower is lovely. Staff is young, helpful and hospitable. If we return to Helsinki we’ll likely opt for the St. George once again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends