Lowest prices for your stay
US$220
Free cancellation until 04/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$215
Trip.com
US$206
Hotels.comUS$215
PricelineUS$220
TravelocityUS$215
1,561 results
All reviews market square lovely hotel sea view beautiful room breakfast room superior room the location is perfect breakfast was excellent hotel kamp harbour luxury sofa tub euros esplanadi cathedral minibar
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021

This was my second visit to Helsinki and I think I found my new favorite hotel. Hotel Haven is an elegant boutique hotel near the harbor/Market Square area. Every staff member I interacted with (front desk, bar, breakfast) were professional and friendly. My room 808 was a prime superior room - large room, king sized bed, city street view, large bathroom with bath/shower combo. Room was nicely decorated, had a wall of windows and including a sitting section featuring a large sofa, coffee table, desk and flat screen TV. The location was perfect - around the corner from Esplanadi and walking distance to many sites. I hope to stay here on my next trip!

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank erins141
Hotel Haven Reception, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Dear erins141,

I would like to warmly thank you for your time to write such a lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you here as our guest.

I am thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with all the aspects of your visit. It is especially heartwarming to hear compliments of our lovely staff.

I do truly hope we get to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2021

Hotel in very good location, spacious and nicely decorated rooms, bath amenities from Byredo. Breakfast is very good - fresh bread, tasty butter, perfect coffee etc etc. But very strange service. Staff is very polite but never apologise for their mistakes. And never smiles.
Fore example, I ordered fried eggs for breakfast, waited for almost half an hour, then we decided to go. Waiter see us leaving and asked: “You didn’t get fried eggs until now? I go to kitchen to cancel it”. Not “I am sorry” or something like that.
Top of the top was they situation during checkout. Instead of EUR 1.200 we have been charged EUR 1.500. After quite a long time and discussion amount EUR 1.200 has been confirm. Again - no apologies from the Front Desk lady. No smile.
This is not what you can expect from 5 stars hotel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Heidi Tarilo, Other at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Dear Anton261069,

Thank you for taking time to review us and having chosen us for your stay in Helsinki.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rooms and our delicious breakfast. However, I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service, especially since we normally receive such appraisals regarding our staff. I will go through this feedback with our staff to ensure high service standards in the future as well.

I do hope we get to welcome you back to Hotel Haven again to show you what we can be at our best. Meanwhile, I wish you a lovely fall!

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

We went to a hotel Haven this year to celebrate Valentine’s Day with my wife. Hotel Haven is luxury boutique hotel in downtown of Helsinki. Many famous people has stayed in this hotel so we had some high expectations when we were about to step in to this oasis of luxury near by the sea. Lobby area did look cozy even though bit small. Check in went fairly quickly and in no time we were ready to explore our beautiful room.

Room

Prime superior room 620 had that classical elegance and it reminded us a bit of the room in which we stayed in hotel Kamp.
Room was really spacious and beautiful. We liked how the bed and couch were positioned in a way that you were able to watch TV from both. We usually love to watch movie before sleeping and in this room watching tv had been made really easy. In some hotels it's such hassle when you need to start moving tv or worst case scenario furniture to just able to watch tv from bed. Tv of course had chromecast so we were able to watch
whatever we wanted.

Room was not clutched of furniture's which made the room feel even more spacious. Everything in the room was well placed and served the purpose. I especially liked huge beautiful white mirror just right side of the door. Minibar had all the essential drinks and snacks. If the rain surprised you and you forgot to take an umbrella with you, no worry as there is umbrella waiting for you in one of the wardrobes of the room.

We loved spacious bathroom which had separate shower and bathtub. They only have few prime superior rooms that have both so remember to request it when booking the room. There was speaker installed in the bathroom so you could stream music or listen news while having a shower or brushing teeths. Fun little curiosity was the rubber whale in bathtub.

Gym

Gym was really small. Smallest I've seen in hotel by far. It felt something like you could have at your home. Well they had dumbbells, treadmill, and couple of others but if you really need all around good workout then better look elsewhere.

Breakfast

Breakfast was served in stunningly beautiful sundman house which is second oldest stone building in Helsinki. Breakfast selection was not the biggest but still good enough to fill your stomach, best I remember the breakfast was from shrimps and delicious chocolate cake. Still building itself elevated breakfast experience by hundred as the building had so much eye candy to see. Wherever you laid your eyes you were mesmerized by the beauty of the room. You were not only eating by your mouth but by your eyes too. From windows you were able to see market square and orthodox church. No other hotel in Helsinki can compete with the views of hotel Haven.

Conclusion

It was all around a beautiful boutique hotel. Room had that beautiful classical decor which we are fans of and whole hotel oozed personality. Breakfast also did make an impact, not with its selection but how grand the building itself was. Big points also from the beautiful views. Most important sights of Helsinki were just couple steps away.

When you get out from the hotel you can see right away perhaps the most prominent sights of Helsinki, white Helsinki cathedral and beautiful orthodox church on the hill. Boat to Suomenlinna is also waiting you just couple steps away. Yes Kämp is more central but Haven is closer to all main sights of Helsinki. Haven doesn't have spa or even a sauna which is bit strange as Finland is country of millions of saunas. Well there is allas sea pool nearby which has all the bells and whistles or you can walk kämp and use their spa.

All and all it was lovely experience and haven will be one of those hotels where we are definitely coming back again after we have finished our mission to stay in all of Helsinki’s 4-5 star hotels

Highlights
+++ Beautiful and spacious room
+++ All the important sights are near
++ Breakfast room/building

Room for improvement

-- No sauna or spa
-- Tiny Gym
- Breakfast selection

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MakeMonroe
Hotel Haven, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Dear MakeMonroe,

Thank you for having chosen us for your stay and especially for taking time to write such a detailed review!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. Also, we are very thankful for all the recommendations for improvements, we will look into these.

I truly hope we get to welcome you back at Haven! Meanwhile, I wish you the most amazing summer on behalf of the whole haven team.

Reviewed 26 July 2021

We was in Hotel and its quite average hotel in Helsinki. It didn´t make any difference Scandic or Sokos hotel what we expected.
Room was clean and bed was semi confortible.
Breakfast was regular without any suprises.

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear 588villek,

Thank you for having stayed with us and taking time to share your experience.

Hopefully we get welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 July 2021

I stayed at Hotel Haven with my partner for two nights in January. We were very pleased with our stay. The decor of the hotel was elegant and classy. Our room (Prime Superior) was quite spacious and the bed was really comfy! The bathroom was also spacious and there was a nice bath tub.

The service was very friendly and welcoming. Our requests were taken into consideration and the staff was always happy to help. The breakfast was nice and healthy. There was a good variety of different things. However, in my opinion the breakfast wasn't exceptionally great, but that was probably due to my personal preferences.

If you're looking for an elegant hotel, I recommend this for you! Great for weekend trips or romantic staycations for couples.

Date of stay: January 2021
Hotel Haven, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Dear emka13,

Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed review.

We are really happy to hear that you had enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. We hope your next stay will be as pleasurable as this one.

I wish you lovely summer on behalf of the whole team and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Haven soon again!