Open today: 09:00 - 02:00
Review Highlights
Sauna AND Night Club!

First time for everything, right? This place is a super cool club AND an amazing sauna to boot! We... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
XtinaDunham
San Francisco, California
One day in Helsinki? Try this

This place is absolutely fantastic. I was on a business trip and ended up spending almost my entire... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
TA820
Aarhus, Denmark
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Helsinki
from US$37.00
from US$46.20
from US$161.60
Helsinki Card
93 Reviews
from US$55.40
More Info
All reviews baltic sea lounge area time slot cold sea dimmed lights traditional elements wet floor hour session shower gel swim suit hot steam relaxing afternoon two hours wood burning outdoor terrace finnish experience open fire
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The premises look on web site nice but I didn’t find this place a Finnish sauna at its best.

The lounge area is not cozy as it should be. I recommend taking tour own bathrobe or extra towel with you if you are going to have drinks after sauna in the lounge area.

The sauna was too hot and dry. Other vistors weren’t too familiar with the idea of sauna bathing and they kept closing the lid after throwing the water. Epic fail.

I was expecting a beautiful view to the sea from the sauna window. But I was wrong.

The changing room is small with small lockers. You have to leave your shoes and your jacket in an unattended closet. Don’t even think taking your luggage with you. The door to the ladies’ changing room is located at the counter and when the door opens you can see right into the changing room. Not very well designed. Many people changed in the bathroom.

I would recommend Yrjönkadun uimahalli or Kulttuurisauna for more authentic sauna experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This is my third time at Loyly and I love it! It is not too far from city centre and being by the waters, you can go for a dip after sweating it out in the saunas. They usually have the bigger common sauna and smoke sauna available and if the smoke sauna is not available, they will open the private sauna. So you can alternate between different rooms. I like visiting during Saturday mornings when it is quieter.

Staff are friendly and helpful, shower facilities comes with shower gel and shampo. Limited number of lockers means the place will not be overcrowded. Great experience! Remember your swimwear!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first sauna experience so we don’t have anything to compare it to, but it was a wonderful time. The location is very easy to get to by public transport from central Helsinki. The bus stops right across the street.
Our reservation was for 2:00 on a Thursday and we probably didn’t need one. There were only about a dozen other people there so it wasn’t crowded at all. The two saunas, one smoke one regular, were relaxing. If you want to take a plunge in the Baltic do so after sitting in the hotter smoke sauna.

There is a nice sitting area with a fire where you can relax and have some water between visits to the sauna

Reviewed 24 March 2018

First thing: verify which Loyly you have booked if you booked a reservation online! There are 2 locations that look very similar from the outside; one is the Sea Pools and the other is the classic sauna location. We accidentally went to the Sea Pools location first. Once we arrived where were supposed to be we were so happy. Sitting right on the sea, there are beautiful views of the snowy ocean from virtually every window. You can get a beer, cider, or wine from the bar and relax in-between saunas enjoying those views, without even having to change out of your swimsuit. There are 2 saunas here; a smoke sauna and a standard sauna. We really enjoyed the smoke sauna- it's very dim, almost dark inside and the smoky steam is really different. They have a hole carved in the frozen sea for those more daring to take a dip in-between saunas. We watched people of all ages, genders, etc. try this and Dave went for it (I did not). The restaurant here had a great menu, but was very busy. There is also a nice rooftop deck with expansive views. Overall, would highly recommend for some relaxation and a fun experience, unique to Helsinki!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank C C
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice and amazing place;
It Was -13 outside but I have dipped in the sea; it was amazing!!
Many people have been coming, fortunately only last 20 minuets, before my time run out, they were too noisy; but you cannot have everything!
I really recommend this place... relaxing and drinking a glass ( or more ) of champagne.
I been there around 13 and I think it was good time because many people started to arrive around 14.30

1  Thank Tom_it_traveler