“Good and bad food”

Restaurant Fat Lizard Otaniemi
Reserve a table
Ranked #6 of 293 Restaurants in Espoo
Price range: US$13 - US$57
Description: Restaurant Fat Lizard is a cosy laid back and same time a chic meeting point restaurant just a stone's throw from Aalto-yliopisto subway station. We believe in our honest and impressive food that we cook In our kitchen where we have also a genuine wood-fired pizza oven and a real charcoal grill. Best of all, we cook from lunch until late night every single day.
Reviewed 24 April 2022

Two-parted feelings: my food (breaded chicken) was excellent but our friend's entrecote steak was full of tendon and fat. It is customer's underestimation to offer such a poor steak. So choose someting else. Otherwise very good food.

1  Thank Finflyer
Write a reviewReviews (271)

Reviewed 20 April 2022 via mobile

What a disappointment … been there many times but pandemic didn’t make it better. Service is under the average. Food want to look fancy but is just in the average.

The place was half empty and as I had no reservation my choice was to sit, apparently, in the area where no table service is offered. WTF? Strangely, I paid the same price without the service.

Well, this was my last visit ever. Too bad for them, you lost one client and the advertisement to comes with.

2  Thank Eric_PAQUAY
Reviewed 16 April 2022 via mobile

Previous reviews say that pizzas are great. I can assure that they are not. My pizza’s cheese melted to a hard crust which was not pleasant to eat in any way. I did not try a dessert but my colleague ordered a chocolate milkshake and it looked like 3000 calories (photo attached). Coctails are ok. Service was great

Reviewed 13 April 2022

Restaurant is beautiful. But the food.... Both lunch and dinner have been a disappointments. Food is served cold, you need to have a hammer to cut the dry meat. Or beef. Too much hype around it but does not live up to expectations. Just drink there, pizza is good too. So not all bad :)

Reviewed 5 March 2022 via mobile

Waiting an hour for two coka colas for the girls when people around us finish their food, even after notifying the waiter two times! What!?

Date of visit: March 2022