4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 10/10/21
Hotels.comUS$186
PricelineUS$186
Official HotelUS$163
All reviews polar bear loft room amazing hotel luxury hotel would highly recommend this hotel safari companies stayed one night breakfast buffet is nice sauna porridge bus stop santa's village smoothies lapland decoration winter snow
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

Loved the hotel.

We had a suite which were spacious and well decorated. Great bathroom with black interiors.

Service minded and helpful staff. The kitchen staff made sure we were fine before the removed the breakfast buffet. We were late for breakfast. The staff in the front desk were really professional and had good Knowledge of the hotel.

We will abdolutely stay here again when in Rovaniemi.

It could be a 5 of 5 but I need to save my 5 ives for the totally extraordinary places.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sanna Peurala, Other at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MariH823,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us.

We are pleased to hear that you also liked the room a lot.

We hope to see you again as our valued guest!

Reviewed 28 June 2021

We booked a magic twin and got a beautiful compact room in this hotel. I got a personal invitation letter from reception with candies and wishes to have a great stay.

Everything was fine in the beginning.

Then our neighbours arrived and we spent all evening listening to their talking. Room audibility is so big that it feels like there are no walls and doors. We had room 220.
I called reception to change the room but was offered the same kind of room, so we stayed.
Well, we were woken up in the middle of the night by neighbours and at 7 o'clock.
Next neighbours woke us up at 3 o'clock in the morning. I called reception to solve this issue. It was not a luxury stay. It reminded some crazy hostel. The room price is up to 175€ per night.
I told the receptionist that I am not paying for a luxury stay where I get woken up at three o'clock in the middle of the night. He told me that he is not in charge and I have to talk to the morning shift. I told him that I do not want to handle this issue in the morning but now. He insisted on my holding the issue in the morning.
The receptionist came to talk to neighbours but instead, he tried to talk to me. After that, he went back to his reception.

I could not fall asleep anymore and spent the whole night in the lounge. I was not offered a coffee or any room exchange. The receptionist just corrected a pillow I moved while sitting. So I waited for the morning shift to come.
When the morning shift came, they laughed at me in the morning, she got her morning coffee, I was not informed that the morning shift arrived. After they finished chatting and loud laughing I came to the desk and told the lady (who did not understand me by any means) that I do not wish to pay for such a luxury night and I want a room as compensation to get some sleep. I was offered another room for the next6 hours. So I basically had to move to another room in the early morning to sleep during breakfast. I was also offered to buy an extra night in the same room. I was not ok with that. I needed a compensation night to get some sleep.

After I was called and asked to sleep somewhere else.
I booked another hotel to get some sleep because I was not in a condition to drive home.
Today I received a very rude letter from the manager telling me that we are not welcome in this hotel anymore because of bad feedback. A very rude letter.
I am shocked and I forwarded this issue to the e-bookers expert team through an agent.

tip for guests: If you want a quiet room, book another place. The only good thing here is the breakfast and the beautiful design. You will not be able to enjoy the lounge for the staff is speaking to each other super loudly and laughing. I heard them from the terrace while working on my laptop. A common sauna is available for 30 minutes and it might stink a lot for drunk men sweat, it is not cleaned, and impossible to ventilate between customer visits.
Maybe an expensive luxury room may be quiet. But last time we booked a luxury room, it was combined with a neighbour balcony. So if neighbours would be smoking or went naked or just spoke loudly we would have been disturbed. Or they might see us in bed (we kept curtains shut hoping there will be nobody in the next room)
This building is a former bank building, it is not constructed to be a hotel architecturally.

Room tip: If you come to Rovaniemi and want a great stay: I would recommend anything, not in the centre.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank VeeraZ5
Miko Gröhn, General Manager at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2021

Dear Veera,

I thank you again for your numerous feedbacks off your stay. I also wish to apologize for the issues with your stay.

It seems that the warm holiday weekend led to a happy mood among some our guests which caused some noise issues. Immediately when you brought to our attention the noise coming from your neighboring room our staff and security guard talked to the guests after which the noise stopped. They also come to your room to check if everything is alright with you. Neither our staff, security guard or other guests reported any further noise issues during rest of the weekend.
Our staff tried to offer you room change several times as well as late check out on your last day. You refused all their solutions by only demanding full refund as well as additional free nights, which you bragged that you had gotten from several other hotels in the past when brining up issues.

On the morning when our morning shift came, they did shift change with night shift as they must and immediately after that came to talk to you to try to find a solution. They were not laughing at you which you earlier by yourself, but it seems this too changed to TripAdvisor.

I have worked in hotels for years and I never thought I would have to recommend guest choosing another hotel. Back in your very first stay few years ago you were extremely offended of our staff for asking credit card at check in after which you circled the evening around the hotel with pen and paper trying to find issues around the hotel, even then I personally tried to check with you several times is everything alright with your stay. I can sincerely say that our staff have done everything they could for you during all your stays with us but in the end if they are getting complains about asking how your stay is going (as you were annoyed of it in 2019) I honestly do not know how we can serve you better.

Despite all what happened I am truly sorry of the noise issue and how all this turned out. I wish you lovely summertime.

With kind regards,
Miko Gröhn

Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

Absolutely lovely place to stay, good location, nice lounge area, excellent and tasty breakfast, very friendly and service minded staff.
I stayed in Aurora Loft room, which was a big and cosy room with sky light windows (though no street view) and with bath (Rituals products included).
Would come again!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ElinaTee
Maria Gröhn, Asiakaspalvelu at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Dear ElinaTee,

Thank you for writing us this lovely review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your kind words to our staff also.

Hope to see you soon in Arctic Light Hotel!

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

One of the best hotels in Rovaniemi. Relatively new one with cosy and large rooms. I stayed there four night in room with sauna. Breakfast was ok though I would have preferred traditional scrambled eggs. Gym is small but you can do basics there. Restaurant worked very well and food was good though service had challenges when it was first day after the lock down.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heikki R
Maria Gröhn, Asiakaspalvelu at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear HenryWasteland,

Thank you for your kind words.

We are truly happy to hear that you found us one of the best in Rovaniemi. Glad that you also rooms cozy and that you enjoyed our restaurant. My apologies that the service had challenges due to being the first day of opening after lock down.

Warm welcome to stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

This hotel is excellent is located in the middle of the city and have excellent restaurant. Breakfast is one of the best in Finland, if not best. Even in COVID-19 circumstances. There is also A sauna and gym. Rooms are very nice. Totally excellent.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear j_takatalo,

Thank you for writing us this review.

We are glad to hear, that your visit was succesfull and that you found our breakfast one of the best in Finland. We are truly thankful for your kind words.

Hope to see you again in Rovaniemi!