All reviews polar bear loft room amazing hotel hotel breakfast luxury hotel excellent breakfast boiled eggs would highly recommend this hotel safari companies stayed one night nice sauna city centre porridge bus stop santa's village northern lights smoothies
Selected filters

+very beautiful hotel
+welcome berry shots

-dirty curtains
-1 set of shower utilities for two persons
-slippery floor, i fell wearing offered morning shoes from hotel and have fallen very badly on the floor after shower
-14 car places, partly occupied by staff, another parking further need special paper.
-receptionist insisted on debit card or 50 euro because of minibar deposit instead of letting me to my paid in advance room, at the end mini bar was empty
-staff discussing plans for placing tables in the evening very loud completely ignoring my time in lobby (had to listen to them and they interrupted my work and free time buy their plans discussion)
-unfriendly cleaner
-guys at reception completely disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(both pissed me off)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna P, Duty Manager at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Veera Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

It is very unfortunate to hear you are disappointed at your experience here in Arctic Light Hotel. This is definitely not the experience we want to provide for our guests and I am sorry that your stay made you feel this way.

It is a pleasure to hear there are also positive sides on your stay.

I want to apologize that the room lack the standards of 4,5 stars hotel. We want to make sure that all details within the room are considered all the way and I am sorry that this did happen in your room.

I am sad to hear that our policy with guaranteeing the room was unclear and unpleasant. This is our common policy to ask a credit/debit card to guarantee the extra services such as minibar here in the hotel. This applies to all the rooms, also the ones paid in advance. If card guarantee is not possible, we request a 50 EUR minibar deposit with cash or paid with Electron/Maestro cards. If not needed during the stay, the deposit is refunded fully when the guest checkout. In case we do not receive any guaranteement deposit for the room, we restrict some of the services here in the hotel. This means for example emptying the minibar and not being able to purchase extra services like room service and room bill.

This is our common practice and I am very sorry to hear that this was disappointing experience for you, this was definitely not in our intentions and hopes.

I want to thank you for your review. We will consider these details carefully with our staff as we want to improve our services constantly.

Best of wishes to you and kind regards!

With best regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I have stayed in that hotel during NY holidays. Luxury with professional even russian speaking staff. Tasty breakfast with great variety of dishes, clean rooms, great location.Will come back definitly!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna P, Duty Manager at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear zenit1pobedit,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear you have had enjoyable stay with us. I hope all the details you mentioned created a good overall holiday with us.

Best of wishes to you and warm welcome to stay with us again when traveling in Rovaniemi!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Great location, great rooms, great dining and most of all great staff. Best hotel I’ve visited in Finland. Right in the city of Rovaniemi, fine dining, luxury rooms and very friendly staff. I can really recommend that place,

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank arijarves
Anna P, Duty Manager at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear arijarves,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are truly delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are honored with such compliments. It is a great pleasure to hear you had good experience as our guest as this is something we cherish to provide every time for each of our guests.

Best if wishes to you and I hope we will see you again in Arctic Light Hotel!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2018

From the minute we got there, we received first class treatment. We had a room with a private sauna. The mood lighting was fantastic, it was a spacious area with a queen size bed, and a living area with a comfortable pull out couch for our 8 year old. It was conveniently located in downtown Rovaniemi which is easy to get to Santa's Village by car. The morning breakfast buffet had a nice variety of options to satisfy all our different tastes. We were able to park in the back of the hotel.

Room tip: Get the room with its own private sauna inside. The best!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear LeenaRanas80,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Thank you for your kind words. We are truly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that both overall experience and smaller details like lighting and sofabed were all complimenting each other.

I wish you a great summer and I hope we can welcome you back to Arctic Light Hotel in future!

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Had a short romantic getaway at this hotel. The staff is very welcoming and helpful, lobby and room modern, old elevator adds a nice touch. Breakfast is exceptionally good, healthy and really is different. Free bikes and car parking spot (even with electricity to charge the e-car) make a great deal! For Tesla there are two spots with suitable chargers, too.

We had a great stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xenami
Anna P, Duty Manager at Arctic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Xenami,

Thank you for very kind review.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your getaway was absolute delight and overall experience memorable here in Arctic Light Hotel. It is also a pleasure to hear that such details as our old elevator, car services and free bikes got noted and added value to your stay.

Best of wishes to you and I hope we can welcome you back to Arctic Light Hotel in the future!

With kind regards,