Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
View deal
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Hotels.com
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
All reviews train station shared kitchen single room common kitchen city centre santa claus village breakfast room porridge mac cheese comfortable bed before christmas two nights would stay here again northern lights santa park apartment luggage
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2020

We stayed for two nights. The rooms are clean and homely, ours faced a downhill slope with some trees. The location is very close to the train station which was good for us, also buses to the santa village are leaving close by. A 15-minute quite straightforward walk to the city centre which was nice in the snow. The guesthouse is not right next to other houses so it's pretty quiet. The staff is very nice and made some arrangements to adapt to our arrival and departing schedule. Breakfast was good and is included in the price. Wifi worked well. Beds were nice and we slept well. All in all a very nice stay!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed in a single room for two nights. It was really cosy and clean!!! I had been travelling for a couple days and slept really good in the comfortable bed.

There's a shared kitchen, which is really handy. Although, if you're a light sleeper i'd suggest to ask a room that's not on the ground floor.

The breakfast, for me, was too sweet. But for others this could be okay. The staff was really friendly, location is good too. Right at the train station, and about a 10-15min walk to the centre. It's a great place. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

I really liked my stay here, so quiet did not feel like a Guesthouse at all.

From the airport I got a taxi which was 30€, which was what I expected to pay but I did not know there was a shuttle bus for 7€, when I emailed the Guesthouse I was not made aware of this.

But they booked this for me once I left.

My main aim coming here was to see the Northern Lights.

First night was too cloudy, we only saw a hint.

Second night was much better, even though I have seen much better in Norway, this was so beautiful and my guide from Wild About Lapland was amazing. If you go into their website you book your first tour and for the second you email them and ask for a code for 40% off second tour.

The breakfast was just what I needed, bread, fruits, meats and of course tea and coffee. (Oh and chocolate biscuits!)

The walk to the centre is 20 mins but it does not sem that far at all and I really enjoyed the walk in the snow.

Wrap up warm at -12 and the wind it can take your breath away.

Staff were all so lovely, and a girl told me she would post my postcards on her way home. So thank you so much for that!

I do not tend to go back to countries I have been to , but if I did, I would stay here again.

Thank you.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HomeandAway22
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

This was our last night in Rovaniemi, after 2 nights in an Apartment and 2 nights in Holiday Village Gulo Gulo.

Arrived at 11.15am and our Twin room 202 was ready, kiitos! We hurriedly placed our luggage in the room and rushed downhill to the train station, 4-5 mins, to catch the no 8 bus to Santa Claus Village at 11.55am.

Upon our return to the room only did i realize that there was no TV, no kettle, no bath lotion, in the room, only 2 plastic cups. Its my fault that i did not do enough research as the TV was the most important feature to my husband. And only 2 pillows are provided. Asked for two more pillows, hair dryer and was given by the lady boss right away - kiitos again!

Room 202 has a balcony with chairs, but unusable in winter, facing a less busy road & a small carpark at the back of the Hotel. Windows are double paned so noise is less obvious but internal sound proofing not as good as i still could hear other doors opening/closing.

Beds were small but very comfy, pillows also good, not too soft as in the rest of Europe. The included breakfast was, however, unlike some reviews have said, average at best with muesli, barley porridge, corn flakes, some types of bread & a cake, ham & cheese. Some fruits, too.

The common kitchen where i cook instant noodles & a common TV room (actually the breakfast room) are all good points, too. The younger lady also helped to book Airport shuttles (7 euros payable to driver) for us. We were picked up in front of the hotel at 9.30am for a 10.55am flight. A little rushed but luckily we only have carry ons and got our boarding passes from the machine, no queues needed. But If you need to check in luggages and queue, please allow more time!

Paying 120 euros for a basic room & average breakfasts, probably peak period (early Dec), is poor value for us as Apartments are only asking for around 100 euros in Rovaniemi, with washing machine, TV, kitchen & maybe some breakfast items etc etc. Definitely more comfy in an Apartment.

Still, we slept well here and the Boss & staff are all very friendly & helpful, so not too bad a place to stay if you are mentally prepared for a basic room.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2019

From bus station, it a bit far. Need to walk about 10-15min with luggage. Nearer to train station. Not at city center but can walk to city center around 15 min. Upon arrived, we were given a triple room in stead a twin room. The reception close from 12pm to 6pm. So, if you arrive between that time, do email them in advance. The room door a bit hard to handle if no skill. Luckily owner was there to help us out.

Date of stay: October 2019