Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
Traveluro
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2020

I just wanted to take this opportunity to mention how my stay at this hotel has been extremely pleasant mainly due to the level of service provided by these three ladies.
All the processes at the hotel sailed smoothly due to the professional conduct of both Hanna and Maarit. And breakfast time at the hotel was extremely pleasant due to the services provided to me and my family by Sanni who is a part time worker there.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 4 January 2020 via mobile

From 3 star Hotel we didn't expect anything special, everything was fine, friendly stuff, it's open 24/7...but I was surprised about cleaning, I found hair in the bathroom,so my complaint goes to only cleaning. Breakfast was awesome, tasty food with different choices and main thing it's budget-friendly hotel, for couple of days to stay there it's ok

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2019

We (me, wife and 4yr old) stayed here 4 nights, yeah it's basic as others have said, but the rooms were clean and tidied daily, the breakfast wasn't rotated daily as someone mentioned but I didn't expect it to be so that was fine, was nice as well, and I was able to have something different all three days as there was enough choice. The staff were all friendly and helpful, by the way scandic polar the lass working the Sunday night shift at 3.30am was great! Incredibly friendly helpful and just a lovely lass! The reason I booked here other than availability and affordability was location, and fair play it's absolutely brilliantly located! Also has a small gym in the basement which is bare but ok, all in all we really enjoyed our stay, very child friendly and welcoming

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

The hotel is 10 minutes from the airport near the city center. Rooms are clean, but a bit run down refurbishing is required especially in the shower area. Reception staff are friendly. The place is very accessible to convenient stores, malls, coffee shops, souvenir shops and also travel agents such as Nordic Unique Travel office. Booking comes with buffet breakfast, but the choices are limited as well as similar daily, so if u booked for 3 nights... you better not eat all choices on the first day.... or else you would not feel like eating the same type of food for the rest of your stay at scandic polar.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hotel-RS-Polar, Receptionist at Scandic Polar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2019

Hello 391ls,
Thank you for the review you gave to us. I am happy to read that you have liked your stay with us. It truly is convenient to explore the opportunities of Rovaniemi from our hotel, thanks to the great location. I hope that you still enjoyed your breakfast even if it was similar every morning. I will let my colleagues also know that we have succeeded in our work making you feel welcomed. :) All the best to you in the future!
Best regards
Noora
Receptionist

Reviewed 11 January 2019

The hotel is well located and the breakfast wasn't too bad. That's where the good things stop. You can't even say the room is basic, you can have good basic. This wasn't that, it is so out dated and worn. The triple room we had was tiny. 3 Adults would struggle in this space. But the fact that we left our hotel at 9.30am in the morning and got back at 4pm and the house keeping hadn't come was very frustrating. After going to see the front desk we were told "they were very busy". At 4.15 pm someone came to our room to clean it but where were we to go? So we just gave them our full bin and got some new towels. Very poor. Then there was the dirty bathroom. I showed the manager the photos and she said they were "very busy". I pointed out to her that mould doesn't grow over night.....she agreed. This hotel needs a massive renovation and some staff training. I would never stay here again. Oh and it was expensive!!!!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pittstop76
Hotel-RS-Polar, Shift Leader at Scandic Polar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Dear pittstop76,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I'm so sorry to hear that your stay with us didn't come up with your expectations and the service you were provided was something that we truly don't aim at. We always try to do our best that customers would enjoy their stay with us and the time in the hotel. In this case we haven't managed to do that and I want to apologies that. I will share your feedback with my colleagues and our whole team, so we can learn from this. I hope you all the best for the future and maybe some day we will see you again!
Best regards,