Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the river swimming pool hotel is in a great location large room rooms are comfortable lapland safaris santa park family room breakfast and dinner meatballs santa claus village hotel restaurant yogurt bus stop northern lights sauna playroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel’s location was great but we did not like the hotel a lot. The room we stayed was too old and needed re-decoration. The bathroom was very old too. But the staff was helpful and nice. If the hotel rooms are renewed, it will work.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotelli-Pohjanhovi, Shift Leader at Scandic Pohjanhovi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Dear lunamoresa,
Thank you for your valuable review. I'm very sad to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I want to apologies that you found our hotel old. It is true that our hotel is not the newest one and in some parts renovation is needed. Regardless this, we try to keep places clean and cosy so that our guests could enjoy their stay with us even though we are not the most modern hotel.

It is very nice to hear that you have received nice and helpful service from our staff. I will forward this review to my colleagues and I'm sure they will be very delighted.

I hope that we will see you again in the future. Hoping you all the best,

Hannamaari

Reviewed 4 March 2020

very nice hotel , the hotel is clean and in a good location .
the food is nice , We had breakfast and dinner there.

the location is just near the river and when we was there the river was all ice and it was amazing .

from the hotel you can walk 10 min and then watch the Aurora ( northern lights)

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 9 February 2020

Hotel is very well located. You can reach whatever you want. Bus stop is at the front. Located near the river and area is quiet. We stayed 3 person in a room. Two buildings are connected with underground tunnel. You can enter throuh the end of the central building via your room card, you do not need to go via reception all time.
All room facilites are functioning well. Heating and isolation is perfect, It was minus 26C and already warm indoor. Bath and toilet is adequate, if you need only function. Do not wait for luxus in the room, but everything was functioning. Room was clean and everyday room get cleaned, trash was emptied (we did not arrive before 16). Breakfast was fine you can find whatever you need. Specialities for Lapland was included, buttercream, berrysauces etc. Glutenfree food was available. You can drink tap water in Findland, do not buy bootled water. We did not have time to visit fin bath and pool.

Room tip: River side has good view
Date of stay: January 2020
Hotelli-Pohjanhovi, Front Office Manager at Scandic Pohjanhovi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

Hi OkulluSeyyah,

I'm so happy to read about your experiences with us!
It seems like you've had a great time in Rovaniemi and everything has worked so well.

I warmly welcome you back to Rovaniemi and to stay with us someday!

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Spent two weeks in this hotel as part of my business trip and I got to say I’m pretty dissapointed. When I paid €175 per night I expected a nice, clean hotel with a decent breakfast but unfortunately that was not the case. I think the worst thing about the hotel is cleanliness. throughout the two weeks the room hasn’t been hoovered once and the only daily cleaning they do is change the sheets and towels. I thought maybe I was wrong and just didn’t see it but then I left a few things around the room which are obviously rubbish and nothing was collected for the rest of my stay. To me this was very dissapointing. Also, the breakfast, lack of choice, doesn’t taste or look fresh and most times you can’t even find a free table. The only reason I didn’t give one star is because the bed was genuinely comfortable but other than that I couldn’t find any good points.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Goblis1,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. We will absolutely go through this feedback with our team and make sure we will learn from it. In Scandics we have over 100 items served in the breakfast and it is of course very important it is fresh and tasteful. I wish to see you again with us some day in the future and hope to give you a better experience with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2020

Good location-central place to market,,Comfortable room,Good view of river if Balcony room preferred on top floor,Good Breakfast,Facility for Sauna,Good services and excellent staff and recommend to stay not far from Bus station,Railway station,Airport and Santa village and almost all local sightseeing operators offers this hotel as pick up and drop off location

Room tip: Rooms on front side facing River view and Balcony on 5th Floor
Date of stay: January 2020
Hotelli-Pohjanhovi, Front Office Manager at Scandic Pohjanhovi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Hello soham1990,

Thank you so much for this great review, it makes me so happy to hear about your stay!
I must agree with you about our location, as everything is so near to us and also the riverside is so beautiful especially in the winter time. I really wish to see you again here some day!