10 people are viewing this hotel
US$772
Hotels.comUS$852
Expedia.comUS$852
Prestigia.comUS$883
All reviews tree house santa park nest bed bluetooth speaker northern lights snowy forest photography tour our honeymoon bucket list heated floors santa claus village winter wonderland warm clothes cozy room stayed for one night i highly recommend this hotel rental car
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2022

While the staff is generally helpful, there were errors throughout the stay (not cleaning rooms, our room not turned in on time). As mentioned in other reviews, we were surprised there wasn't a sauna at the property, and this could be a dangerous location for those with mobility issues. While the location is decent (within walking distance to both Santa Park and Santa Claus Village), and the breakfast was nice, I wouldn't return for the current price. If you have the means, the top-category rooms are amazing.

Room tip: Just pay and get the top category.
Date of stay: November 2022
Taina Tarkiainen, Owner at Arctic TreeHouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel and your general experience.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in turning around the room. As you can image our hotel is running at 100% capacity during the winter high season and thus sometimes an unexpected delay can occur.

Our hotel consists if free standing TreeHouses Suites.
Our GlassHouses as well as our Exectuive Suites does feature sauna and wellness area for guests to enjoy.

The GlassHouses or middle row suites offers easy access for guests with mobility challenges.
Should guests need a ride to and from the room or assistances with luggage , our valet team is available to render help anytime.

I would like to suggest that you to come visit us again in Spring, Summer or Autumn.
We have a variety of romance and adventure packages with attractive rates.

Kind Regards_

Reviewed 27 November 2022 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Scenery is beautiful. Food is fresh and plentiful. Staff, excluding supervisory personnel, are excellent.
The reason for the poor rating has been the manner in which the supervisor of the reception desk treated us.
This morning I asked if we could get a ride to Santa’s Village, which is something we have been able to do as recently as yesterday. I got a quick, rude response “We don’t do that.” Which was not true.
I reserved a northern lights excursion that stated in writing that if it was cloudy we could reschedule by 4PM.
I requested the change and again she said “no.” However I pointed out to her it was in writing as part of the contract I signed. I showed her the contract. She still said “not possible.” Which was not true. Considering I was showing it to her in writing, I asked her if she could read English as it was not her native language. She said she could. I again drew her attention to the first line of the second paragraph. She finally agreed to reschedule.
This was so unnecessary. Her manner and tone of voice was loud and rude. This is the same person that had an altercation with a taxi driver the night we arrived.
My point is poor customer service from supervisory personnel can and did create a negative experience twice for us.
Other than that it has been beautiful

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ms Greene,

We thank you for your honest remarks about our hotel and your experience.

Allow me to apologize for the the miscommunication as well as disappointment that you have experiences during your stay at our hotel. You have mentioned our supervising staff asserting to the policy and service of our hotel.

Since before COVID there has been a very strict non-refundable and non-changeable policy with regards to our hotel as well and the 3rd suppliers’ partners that we book activities with.

In fact, I have instructed our Guest Service team to respect the policy as well as communicate it to the guests as the standard terms.

But the supplier had provided more flexibility with regards to the specific program,
Aurora Picnic that you booked and unfortunately our info at the Guest Service was not up to date.
We have certainly corrected this error and have learned from this incident. Thank you for alerting us.

Our valet team and vehicles are permitted to driving only the guests to and from the rooms on our resort grounds. The ride to and from Santa Clause Village is not a service that we advertise or provide openly to guests. However, our gentleman valets sometimes make exception to try and make our guests happy and will take our guests if a driver is available at that moment.

Having given this explanation I do want to apologize for the inconvenience and alienation that you felt.

I would however like to ask that you rather blame myself for the strict policy and not my team and especially not the supervisors are simply following instructions.

Our team consists of a variety of international team members that have worked in some of the most prestigious hotel across the world. Hence we find your remarks about the negative tone in which you where addressed surprising.

Rest assure that these matter have been address with the team member and because of your message, we will make 100% sure that all our future guests are addressed in a warm and respectful tone.

We want only the best for our guests and we want them to feal loved and take cared of!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Lapland very soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 18 November 2022

We stayed here for four nights and toured the local area(s) while we were in town. You need a rental car if you are visiting, FYI - it is the easiest way to see the sights. The property is literally 6 minutes from the airport, so super convenient. We had a great unit which was well equipped, clean, and comfortable. The restaurant is decent, breakfast was better vs. dinner (in our opinion). The staff was super helpful, courteous and assisted us with dinner suggestions in the area.

Date of stay: October 2022

Dear Hunter

Wonderful to hear you had an amazing time!
Please come back again soon, we have some great romance and adventure packages in Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas Season.

Regards

Reviewed 17 July 2022 via mobile

A belated 30th present from my husband which ended up falling on my 31st birthday instead because of covid!
I had saw this hotel on KUWTK a few years back and has been on my bucket list ever since.
Since failed northern lights trip to Iceland in 2017 I was determined to see them here in Lapland! And they did not disappoint!! I was crying with happiness when the sky lit up!
The hotel is fabulous! A gorgeous lodge feel with the most luxurious edge. Log fires, hot toddys, special teas. It really was the most perfect winter trip and the most amazing 30th birthday present! My in laws are staying here December 2022 following our gleaming recommendations!
Such a unique and picturesque hotel I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to stay at!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank samanthakX8035ZR
Reviewed 21 April 2022

Stayed with my wife at the Arctic TreeHouse Hotel in Feb 2022. The entire property was incredibly beautiful, including our room, which had an amazing view. Food at the restaurant was creative and delicious, and service was excellent for our entire stay. Absolutely no complaints and would recommend to anybody.

Date of stay: February 2022