Review Highlights
Beautiful experience

Very emotional experience..Wonderful nature and beautiful Siberian huskies. Dogs seems healthy and... read more

Reviewed 18 March 2022
michelas144
L'Aquila, Italy
Great visit

The dogs are well cared for and the people have an absolute passion for the dogs. We went on a... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2019
SalR298
Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews lapland safaris dogs huskies siberian activity
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend visit especially for the husky ride. A chance to get up close to the huskies, meet and touch them. A really informative visit.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We did the safari on 26 Jan 2017. The guide taught us how to drive the sledge. The experience was fun and magical. There was one guide every couple of sledge to ensure safety and that everyone could keep up. No sense of danger. We also had the opportunity to be the driver if you were a passenger initially.
We were given sweet bread and hot drinks after the guided walk to see the huskies around the farm.

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank paxyy
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Just back from an amazing first day experience at the Husky Farm where we drove our own husky sleigh through a stunning forest! ❤❤❤ We were shown where all the huskys live and even got introduced to their newest members...4 week old pups! What an amazing start to our holiday!! All kept so authentic..loved every minute

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016

We visited as part of our inclusive Canterbury Travel package, and it was a great experience. First we visited the new puppies. The husky had given birth to seven, the guide brought out two of them to show us, while mother kept guard, to make sure that nothing untoward happened to her pups. They were really sweet. Then we walked past the kennels to see the other dogs. They have a selection of breeds, some Alaskan dogs which have more fur than the Lapland variety. I was surprised how small they all were, I thought they would be broader, and taller.
Then we continued to the start of the sledge trail. Here, six huskies were already attached to the sledges, and were creating a frightful row, barking and scrapping with each other. My husband and I sat in the sleigh while my son was given a short lesson in how to mush. That is a lot harder work than it looks, you sometimes have to jump off and help the huskies by pushing the sledge, and the area to stand is a very small target when you jump back on! You also have to learn how to handle the brake, when to use it to slow down and how to use it to completely stop. The first part of the trail was steadily uphill, and my son got quite out of breath pushing, and running to keep up with the dogs, but he loved the way back down the slopes through the forest.
It is quite interesting that the mad rabble of barking, snarling dogs become absolutely silent when working, with the occasional look round as though to say "Come on, keep up!"
A lovely experience, well worth the visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We visited as part of an inclusive trip with Canterbury Travel.
First we visited the Husky kennels which to be honest I didn't really enjoy. My daughter was a little intimidated by the large number of very noisy and smelly dogs.
The second part of the visit was the Husky Mushing which was fantastic. My husband drove, whilst my daughter and I sat in the sled. It was amazing being pulled through the forest by 6 huskies. The ride was great fun - my daughter describes it as the best part of the entire trip. I would love to do a longer run.