Review Highlights
Love love love!

I have traveled to 76 countries and 7 continents, and this ranks among my all time favorite travel... read more

Reviewed 27 February 2022
go12345
Miami, Florida
Amazing experience: reindeer, icefishing and snowshoes.

We loved it all! Everything you read in the other reviews is so true. It was an amazing experience... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2022
kirstenhW4791XE
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Recommended experiences in and around Kittila
from US$182.35
More Info
All reviews ice fishing reindeer sleigh ride super fun great guide reindeer farm petra snowshoeing outfitters winter activities
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

Fantastic experience on the sleigh ride with reindeer, the lake was beautiful. The service was first class and the burger was straight up out of this world delicious

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank wessels_marie
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Fabulous experience scenery amazing felt very safe in the capable hands of Petra.
Walked on through the snow on our snowshoes Petra explained flora fauna pointed out tracks of local wildlife and features of the landscape.
Fishing on a frozen lake good quality equipment very good health and safety advice.
Artic sunshine crisp beautiful environment.
Petra was so interesting so funny and so informative.
Food hot tasty and filling.
Excellent hospitality.
Highly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 9 December 2019

We booked the reindeer ride, ice fishing and snow shoeing excursion for our family of 4. We had an absolute blast and really enjoyed ourselves!

We took a taxi from our hotel to Wolverine Fell. Petra met us at the road. We got our snow pants on and Petra gave us instructions on how to handle the reindeer sleighs. My 13 year old was in the first sleigh with Petra on skis on the back. My husband was next. Then a couple from Romania followed by myself and my 9 yr old, who shared the sleigh. We each had a wooden sleigh and one reindeer. Ours was named Flake. When it's time to go, Kael unwinds the rope, the reindeer takes off and he hands you the rope as you go by.

It was maybe a mile or so to the lake and buildings. When we arrived, we fed the reindeer and then went inside for a bit and had warm berry punch.

Then, we chose our stool and fishing rod, grabbed a hole saw and headed out to the frozen lake. The men were tasked with drilling the holes. We got the poles baited up and in the holes they went. It didn't take long before each of my kids caught a rainbow trout! Each were about 42cm long and they were thrilled! Petra took the fish over to the building and then we put on snow shoes. Petra led us into the woods and up a hill to a small clearing. We were given about 10 minutes to play around and then we were to find our way back. Being there in late November, it was starting to get dark. Finding our way back was easy and not far.

When we got back to the building, Petra was preparing the potato and fish soup and was grilling the freshly caught trout over the open fire. We had some warm berry punch and had our soup with some nice conversation. Petra told us about reindeer herding and we learned a lot.

When we were done, we headed out to ride the reindeer back to the road. Petra kindly called a taxi for us so it would be there shortly after we arrived at the road. On the way back, our reindeer was very eager to join the others, and we were last in line. When Kael untied him, he took off after the others. It was a blast! It was dark, surrounded by woods, and all you can hear is the click clack of the reindeer's hooves as we sailed through the woods. It was an experience to remember! We highly recommend spending some time with Petra at Wolverine Fell!

Note that you need to bring your own winter gear. While you go inside to warm up twice, you are outside for the majority of the time there so just prepare wisely. We had base layers, down parkas, snow pants, mittens, boots, neck buffs, wool hats.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank 871bobbi
Reviewed 24 October 2019

Let me start by saying I am very late in this review. I was here with my wife back in late December 2018!..
Petra was just brilliant!...The Reindeer just gorgeous! Finnish Laplad in mid winter is a very long way from South East Queensland in its mid Summer! I cannot recall my Reindeers name, my wife had Dionysus. I highly recommend this tour, if I were back in Levi in December I would most certainly do this tour again!
I cannot recommend this highly enough!, possibly a once in a lifetime experience, but I very much hope to return one day!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2019

Perfect weather (sunny, lots of snow) with lovely sleigh rides - the reindeer were perfectly behaved and enjoyed being fed! We didn't catch any fish but had a lovely lunch anyway, as well as an exhilarating snowshoe walk. A truly memorable day - thank you!

Date of experience: February 2019