Review Highlights
Love love love!

I have traveled to 76 countries and 7 continents, and this ranks among my all time favorite travel... read more

Reviewed 27 February 2022
go12345
Miami, Florida
Amazing experience: reindeer, icefishing and snowshoes.

We loved it all! Everything you read in the other reviews is so true. It was an amazing experience... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2022
kirstenhW4791XE
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Kittila
from US$177.15
More Info
All reviews ice fishing reindeer sleigh ride super fun great guide reindeer farm petra snowshoeing outfitters winter activities
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Our second visit to Levi and we have taken a number of trips through the tourist information there and they have always been extremely enjoyable and lots of fun. Petra never even said hello or welcome before she enquired if I had a jacket. Had she bothered to ask and not just assumed I was going to whinge with the cold she would have learned that due to my viking ancestors I do not get cold in the snow and 2 degrees is almost balmy. She repeatedly insisted that I was cold. I was hungry, tired and thirsty but definitely not cold. There are no toilets there and my youngest son arrived desperate and he refuses to go behind a tree. She repeatedly insisted I should help him even though my husband, who was with us and has always done this for the boys, and my youngest son was utterly mortified. Then she started her incredibly slow spoken as.... you ....are.... obviously ... an ... idiot... patronising. ... introduction.... to... reindeer driving... that irritated both me and my eldest son. She assumed we knew nothing but never enquired as to our reindeer experience as this was our fourth reindeer trip plus we have fed them twice so we knew not to be noisy. I had not realised that the Forest Reindeer trip involves driving yourself and your child in the snow and she made us quite aware that we may end up in a bush at this point I decided I couldn't do this. She then went on to insult us by saying UK drivers are worse than the Finnish drivers there. She assumed that we were poor drivers and never bothered to ask where we are from or to find out that we are Scots adept at snow driving or that we are so attune to driving on the left we had a hire car at the tourist information in Levi and my husband is an excellent driver in Europe and the UK. I did not sign up for this trip to be patronised and insulted and as her husband does not speak English all comments and communications would have to be with her. Her husband would not even speak to us as he does not speak English at all and I got the impression that being from the UK we were just a nuisance to them and probably a bit of a joke too. The thought of spending 4 hours with patronising Petra and her incommunicative husband along with not wanting to drive my son into a bush and my youngest needing the bathroom we asked for a taxi and went back to Levi to our hotel there. Obviously this was an utter waste of both time and money as we never got the trip we had paid for. I am a former curator and a museum educator I know all about talking to people from 4 to 84 and getting them to engage and learn and patronising and insulting them is simply not the way forward. Highly disappointed with the manner we were dealt with and they also have no facilities which is ridiculous if you are running trips and having visitors. There are so many other reindeer trips coming out of Levi I strongly suggest you book them and do not use Petra and her incommunicative husband.

Date of experience: March 2016
5  Thank Sofabear
Reviewed 28 March 2016

My wife and I spend several hours with Petra and her reindeer. We also tried ice fishing and spent plenty of time in the warm Yurt. Great experience with a great guide.

2  Thank boleywv
Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

We had a great time doing the full package of reindeer ride, ice fishing, snowshoe-ing, fish soup. We love the reindeer and the amazing landscape and the people there

2  Thank Wanson
Reviewed 4 February 2016

We had the most wonderful and special family day with Petra and Kari and their reindeers. It is such a peaceful place with such a lovely authentic setting. And the best of all are the people, who are as friendly and nice as it gets.
We recommend doing the reindeer sledding, where you can "drive" yourself (nothing dangerous, but very exciting and relaxing at the same time), the ice fishing (no luck for us) and the snowshoe walking around the area. The fish soup at lunch was delicious too!
We really enjoyed everything and our kids will keep the most beautiful memory of it all. Thank you!

2  Thank cocoven2015
Reviewed 17 April 2015

My husband, 16 year old daughter and I booked this trip to celebrate my husbands birthday. It was brilliant and we would have loved to have taken a longer trip.

The staff were excellent and very informative. The reindeer were gorgeous and obviously well looked after and the snowy scenery was magical.

As it was my husbands birthday we were each given a handmade reindeer biscuit .... delicious and a lovely thought.

Thoroughly recommend using this company for a trip to remember.

Date of experience: April 2015