“Good food with a twist of Lapland”

Galla Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Kuopio
Price range: US$10 - US$69
Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

Comfortable restaurant with good service. Food is focused in tastes of Lapland and was very tasty. The menu could however benefit from having a choice of beef steaks to compliment reindeer options.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 2 February 2021 via mobile

I must say that this is the best dinner I've had anywhere in Finland so far! I had the suprise menu, as part of a staycation at Kuopio's Lapland Hotel. I had no previous knowledge of the place, so the whole experience really exceeded all my expectations. The service was impeccable and all the different flavours just perfect. Very good winepairings as well. I just have to say bravo! Highly highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank lonnbehh
Reviewed 13 January 2021

This was a good, relaxed meal. We had the Surprise Menu as part of a staycation in the Lapland Kuopio Hotel, and it was a delight. Several very tasty, well-presented, and imaginative dishes, often using local root vegetables – including some super smoked beets – with decent wine pairings (I even enjoyed the dessert wine, which is a major achievement for me), all served up by the friendly and attentive Teemu (leastways, I think he was Teemu).

Decent social distancing managed in these difficult times.

I would probably have gone for a “sharp forest berries” approach rather than chocolate - and popcorn (?!) – to accompany the sweet baked apple ice cream we had as a closer, but on reflection this may have been the chef’s conscious choice for a January menu, when fresh berries are a little hard to come by.

Enjoyable, and recommended. It was good to see quite a few people eating there, too. It would be a shame if good cooking and service like this went to waste.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Otyikondo
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

If you look for traditional Finnish high quality food made with modern twist ... this is the place
Forget all chain places, this is an adventure of food and wine with extremely good service

STRONG RECOMMENDATION!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank MarkoE130
Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

I had the business dinner with my Chinese friend in there. This few months old restarant was nicely decorated with the Lappish style-the spirit was very good.The menu was interesting and full of different natural flavors from Finland. The wine list was exellent and obviously made in a professional way. The flavors were pure and integrated nicely together. We had the different small dishes as a starter an the second course was reindeer. The dessert was excotic spruce ice cream.
As told in headers-close to perfection. Higly recommended

Date of visit: September 2019