“Nice and tasty”

Ranked #198 of 3,438 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Came here because the place was near to my hotel. Enjoyed the food so I returned here once again during my stay. Tried fish and cheese fondue. Both were delicious and too big for me alone so I couldn't finish it! Would recommend to try! Places outside I found really nice!

Reviewed 18 December 2016

The fondue was an outstanding taste for less money!
It will be quickly deserved and you can even have a second cup of cheese of fish for free although the quantity is already enough.
The service was great as well, they take care after you at all times.
The restaurant is quite small which creates a nice local atmosphere, so you need to book in advance a few days.
Perfect address!!

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent restaurant with super service!
We tried the cheese fondue and the meat fondue!
Cheese fondue comes with bread, some "charcuterie" (ham,...), and few "snack vegetables).
Meat fondue is done with bouillon (and not oil which is good), chicken/pork/beef, vegetable and 7 different sauces.
All can be "refill for free" until you are full :-) eat as much as you can! Price level is fine.
Highly recommend this place!

1  Thank caroleh140
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We live very close to Fondueboden and were wondering what's the hype all about - it was always full and we never got a table if we just dropped in. A note to other guests is to always book in advance!
Other than that, the atmosphere is vintage with a lot of antique details on the walls, and there is that gas lamp smell hitting your nose when you first walk in.
Service was great and we got the full attention of the waiter who explained what to expect and how do we order - basically you get one set of cheese fondue with lots of bread and meat/veggie refills are "on tap". Unfortunately we couldn't try the Tobro chocolate fondue for desert since we were already very full, but it's on our to do list.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The restaurant is situated a little bit from the city center, easiest is to take the Metro - Green line and jump off at Odenplan or St Eriksplan and walk the last part. The restaurant both av inside and outside sitting and the interior is very typical for a Swiss (or at least as I think a Fondue place would look) place.

They only serve fondue and I tried the broth fondue that is very nice. Its served with pork, chicken, vegetables and cow and they refill all time so dont think you will go hugry from the place. The sauses to the meet are so nice, they all are tasty and sutable for the meal. Then you can choose fries or baked potato.

The Toblerone fondue to dessert is also magnificent served with a lot of fruits and things, you really should try this one too.

The staff is friendly, I been here some times and they always are happy and helpful. If you live in Stockholm or visit and like this kind of food, this is the place to bee! I will come back soon again.