“Great Shakes”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Kungsholmen
Neighbourhood: Kungsholmen
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Lily's comes very close to Queenstown's Fergburger, the standard by which we judge all burger places. Though the menu is less extensive, the milkshakes are much better. The fries here are crisp shoestring fries, nicely done, and the burgers were juicy and messy. :) Between us we had a beef burger, a chicken burger and a veggie burger - each approved by its devourer.

The shakes are fantastic, the best I have found in Europe so far - very thick and, in my case, very chocolately; available flavors include chocolate peanut butter and banana Nutella.

Lily's decor is spot on, reflecting American Diner culture and making it a fun place to eat. The service was very friendly, and helpful. We arrived just before 6 pm, and just before a major rush. Seating is limited; booth sharing is acceptable.

Note that Lily's is in Kungsholmen; it could be a bit of a trek from your hotel.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

The burgers on the menu are a homerun. If you like living on the edge, try their burger of the week, more times then not, it is fantastic. I prefer the onion rings over the fries everyday of the week with a chocolate milkshake. Gorgeous view in the summer. Its a nice place to go alone, with a date or friends. I really recommend this place for any hungry visitor!

The only down side is that sometimes, depending on who's behind the teller, the attitude can be a bit 'agressive'. The owner is the nicest one so far!

Reviewed 7 February 2015

We've tried a number of burger places around Stockholm.

This is up there as one of the best. Really good size burger and tasty crispy fries.

Nice setting too & although it was busy it didn't take us too long to get a seat. Will defo come back again.

Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

The burgers are a good, they are not as raw as i like them, but for that i go to other plces. I have nothing negative to say! The staff is nice, the majo and ketchup are on the table, music is funky and the burger of the week as always spot on!

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Despite the inviting diner decor, the root beer, the American feel of the place they seem to have misunderstood American food. It's true, American's enjoy some fatty foods, but the only thing that should be greasy here are the fries (which were fairly good) and perhaps the fried chicken. After two bites of my burger I had spit out five pieces of gristle (brosk) and I could tell my stomach was not agreeing with the fat content of this meat. I left half of the otherwise good tasting burger with 10 pieces of gristle on the side and just 30 minutes later my stomach ache is confirming this greasy burger was not a great choice. My advice is for them to invest in good meat and the rest should be fine.