“Comfortable Hotel with great Breakfast”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 April 2012

A great location, right in the heart of Stockholm. On arrival, check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was great - one of the best hotel breakfast's I have ever had. The choice seemed unlimited. We took the opportunity to explore Stockholm from this base and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynsey C
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Lynsey C,

Thank you for updating us and the users of Trip Advisor on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel in February. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable visit and that we managed to fulfill your expectations.

For a city visit I believe that our hotel is conveniently situated in the middle of Stockholm, and it is easy to reach many of the most interesting and important attractions that the city offers.

You are more than welcome to stay with us again and we already look forward to your next visit! If there is anything I can do for you – please feel free to let me know.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have always felt very welcome. The big welcome and great service from the employees makes you feel home. The standard of the rooms a very high and the cleaning service are such a big help if anything is needed. Room service were very helpful when the internet failed. The bathroom is very nice.
I have used the hotel restaurant many times every time a visit and the food and service are very good also compared to the price level.

I would recommend this hotel for both business trips and vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jacob B
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Jacob B,

Thank you very much for your warming words!
It makes me so happy to read your feedback and hear of the great times you have here at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel. It is very rewarding and inspiring to my team and me, and rest assured that I have shared your nice feedback with everyone.

I hope you will soon be ready for a new visit, so we can once again offer you the genuine Sheraton experience.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is my third stay here. I like this hotel. It's good value for the quality given how pricey Nordic hotels can be. I had a great room on 6th floor. Staff v friendly, again not a given in Scandanavia. Walking distance from both Old Town - Gamle stan - and train station for quick airport access. A colleague raved about the gym and that it was open 24/7 with complimentary fruit and water. The hotel bar is lively and busy which is nice as some can be a bit sterile. Breakfast is good but a bit greasy. Serving bananas would be a plus. I would stay here again and definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank gilesnorman

Dear gilesnorman,

Thank you for the nice feedback. It is simply great to hear that you like us a lot and that you found good value for the high quality we offer our guests.
Or team is one of our most important resources and every time I hear or read that we manage to exceed our guests expectations it really warms my heart!

Regarding the breakfast I will check and update our breakfast team to keep an extra look. And; next time you come I will make sure we offer you any fruit you prefer, also bananas.

I hope you will have a chance to come back to Stockholm soon!

All the best and warm regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Where do I start?
The friendly, professional, helpful duty manager called Johan Lindberg(?) who upgraded us to a ‘room with a view’? The hallways which remind me of an ocean liner? The art deco styled room with solid high quality furniture ? The AMAZING Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed? The buffet breakfast? The fabulous town?
I think what the Sheraton Hotel has in spades compared to the other hotels we have stayed in is all the above and CARING FRIENDLY STAFF. From duty manager to housekeeping, everyone we met was soo friendly, who take pride in themselves and their job. We even felt like we had butler service from a very nice man from the uk at breakfast!!
***pointer**** Do not bother with taking a taxi from the airport if you don’t have too much baggage as the train station is just 500 mtrs from the hotel (taxi took us nearly an hour). If you fly with SAS you can check in and print your boarding pass from the train station ticket office BRILLIANT.

Room Tip: Rooms facing old town
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Serendipidy S
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear "Serendipidy S",

I am delighted to know that you had a great experience at our hotel - thank you so much for the top score! In your review you are mentioning many things we aim to maintain, such as service-minded and caring staff, comfortable beds, top quality food and beautiful design. We take great pride in having one of the best hotel teams in Stockholm. And we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed twice in a week at the Sheraton Stockholm hotel in March during my trip to Sweden.

The location of the hotel is excellent and really an asset: five minutes on foot from Stockholm Central station (where the direct train line from the airport stops) and facing the water and Gamla Stan.

For my first two nights stay, I chose a Club Room, located on the 7th floor. Check-in was a breeze, and I was told that the room really had great views, and arriving in my room, I could only agree: the view on the water, Gamla Stan and beyond was amazing and completely unobstructed (check the pictures). The room itself wasn't half-bad either: spacious and light with pleasant, appeasing colors. They are also well thought out as there's really plenty of cupboard space and many plugs to recharge your phone, your camera batteries, your laptop, etc

As you'd expect from a hotel of this standard, everything was spotless. Also, the rooms are extremely quiet - never once did I hear my neighbors and the only sound you could hear from the outside is that of one train line, maybe once every 30 minutes at most, and it stops completely during the night. I had my breakfast at the Club Loundge: it's a fairly small space, but that gives it more a sense of exclusivity. The breakfast itself, will not exceptional, was very nice.

I came back after a trip to Borlänge/Falun for one night before going back home. This time I was in a Superior Room, also with water view. As a SPG member, I was given a room on the 6th floor. Again, the room was great, as was the view, and at first sight, it looked exactly the same as the Club Room, but I noticed a few things: there was less cupboard space (still plenty enough though) and there was noise coming from both the minibar and the air conditioning, although thankfully both could be turned down

But what really made these two stays such a great experience was the staff. Sometimes, those large chain hotels can feel rather impersonal, and there's been times at five stars hotels when I've been left feeling like I wasn't good enough for the place, but that's not the case here. All the staff spoke perfect English, was always smiling and friendly while remaining efficient at all times and made you feel really at ease from the moment you stepped through the door: to sum it up, they make you feel like you're a valued guest, but with that extra warmth that I wasn't expecting

All in all a great stay, and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Stockholm

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rayhaneh
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear "rayhaneh",

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience from our hotel on Tripadvisor. It makes me happy and proud to read your review, because it confirms that the Sheraton Stockholm has one of the best hotel teams in Stockholm. Thanks to our professional and friendly staff members, we are able to give every guest a memorable experience.