All reviewsqueen roompancake machinegamla stanindoor courtyardold townperfect locationcrystal chandeliernk department storelovely hotelbeautiful designrooms are lovelybed was very comfortablea stones throwgreat boutiquerooms are smallthoroughly enjoyed our stayhot and cold dishes
Reviewed 11 August 2018

The people were wonderful here, the room very clean and well-thought out, as well as quite spacious. It did overlook the courtyard/restaurant but that did not bother me; shutting the curtains worked just fine when I needed them closed, otherwise it did provide some daylight. I will say it was plenty hot in the room, due to the unusually high temperatures in Sweden at the time of my visit, but it was hot EVERYWHERE. They just aren’t used to or prepared for that kind of weather. I was able to sleep, nevertheless. They were kind enough to call a couple of restaurants for me to see if it were cooler there! Not many were.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at The King's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear susan w,

It was indeed superbly hot all through out the summer; there weren't more than five six days when the temperature dropped below 25C. But I'm happy to hear that you managed to cope with it and I thank you for your understanding. I would of course also like to thank you for taking your time to write your very lovely review, your kind words are very appriciated.

I dearly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Kungsträdgården soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this boutique hotel! At first we were given a room with a view into the courtyard (which is their restaurant as well), and were a little disappointed, but quickly changed it to another one with a view to the park (room 227 - very small, but nice view!).
Yes, the rooms are very small, but extremely well appointed and stylish, everything is brand new.
Don’t miss the breakfast, it is so delicious- a lot of typical Swedish products and fresh smoothies! Will definitely come back when in Stockholm!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Anastasia K,

It's almost overwhelmingly pleasant to read your lovely review, it's truly satisfying to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much, even though you had opted for a smaller room. I'm ever so grateful to you for taking your time to write about your experience and for sharing it.

Please come stay with us soon again!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My wife and I stayed at the King's Garden last month. It is a very nice hotel in an excellent location. The staff is very helpful and professional. We stayed in two different rooms during our visit. They were both tiny - not even room to fit the suitcases. If you need space, this is not the place. The bathroom is decent size. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear MTandMTMT,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review and for sharing it. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite that your rooms where a bit on the smaller side. Our Small Double rooms are indeed small (hence the name), but I can assure you that we have plenty of larger rooms, with lots of space for suitcases. So for your next visit, I can warmly recommend our Queen Superior or King Deluxe rooms; they are definitely worth the extra cost.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2018

This really is a lovely hotel. Great location. Yes, the room is small ( we had a Queen room) but it is beautifully furnished and the space used well. Lovely walk-in shower and bathroom. Bed was probably the most comfortable I've slept in - including my one at home. Staff are smashing and breakfast is comprehensive. As a diabetic I try to eat low-carb, and the buffet offered plenty of choice for this. I had not realised that it is standard practice in Sweden for milk to be lactose-free, so the range of products for specialist diets was good. We left very early on check-out morning and were given a bagful of breakfast products - an unexpected, but welcome, goodbye gift.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annie512014

Dear annie512014,

The old quote "location, location, location" is of course still true when it comes to hotels, but just as you mention, the beds, guest service and breakfast are an equally important factor when choosing hotels. And I'm very happy for your excellent marketing of those key points. So I would offer you my most humble gratitude for all you kind words, for taking your time to write and share your experience, and mostly: for choosing our hotel as your residence. Thank you once again!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I cannot recommend Hotel Kungsträdgården, enough. This beautiful Gustavian-style hotel is centrally located, offers a lavish breakfast buffet in its historic courtyard every morning, and provides the type of service you’d expect from a much pricier hotel. Our concierge gave us free champagne and chocolates, did research for us when we told them we were interested in subway art, and made us feel at home — from saving our favorite spot for us on a hidden balcony, to making a pot of tea for us as soon as they learned that we drink rooibos tea to end our breakfasts. Our tiny but charming room was on the top floor and overlooked Kungsträdgården (King’s Garden).

Room Tip: Request high view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennykvb

Dear jennykvb,

I must say, you really are spoiling us will all your wonderful and heartwarming words and compliments. We are all very passionate about our work, love taking care of our guests and making sure they get the most of their stay with us and in Stockholm. It's therfore a true joy to hear that we succeeded in your case and I'm every so grateful to you for writing such a lovely review. Thank you!

I hope you will honour us by visiting us again, in the not too distant future.

Sincerest regards,