“Wonderful Late Lunch/ Early Dinner”
Review of Bistro Humlehof

Bistro Humlehof
Ranked #662 of 3,442 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Reviewed 29 October 2016

We just bought an apartment around the corner from this restaurant. Hurray - we will be back. I had bratwurst with sauerkraut and roasted potatoes. My husband had the fish stew. My meal was delicious - sauerkraut is a hit or miss for me. This was served warm - really tasty. The mustard that accompanied my dish cleared my sinuses in a good way. My husband fiinished all of his stew even though the portions were huge and he is a picky eater. We arrived very early so the restaurant wasn't too busy. The service was excellent. And the bathroom was clean. All in all a hit.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We rented an apartment near this restaurant and walked by it enough times to see that it is quite popular. So, we gave it a try on a Friday night and really enjoyed our meal. I had the bratwurst with sauerkraut and my wife had a schitzel stuffed with ham and cheese. Both were excellent. Beer was reasonably priced too, although you can find cheaper beer on Folkungatan.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We just love to have dinner at this place. We are having a couple of beers and a really big portion of Suisse/Austrian (?) food and after that it is a straight forward to bed. Nothing for gourmets or people on diets. For the rest of us it's sheer luck!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I met a couple of old friends here and had a lovely meal. Some dishes were quite expensive but the food was very good quality and the service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant itself has a warm inviting atmosphere and although they were busy there wasn't a huge amount of background noise.
Recommend you reserve as it's very popular.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We go here every year for my husband's birthday and when my dad is in town. They love the schnitzel and I always get the potato pancake with caviar, sour cream, and red onions. The food menu is not extensive, but they have a great variety of beer and the food is consistently good!