All reviewsprison cellconverted prisonprison themeprison hotelreal prisonexercise yardsmall museumbunk bedscharming islandcell doorsmall islandtop bunkregular hotelgamla stanensuite bathroomstay there againbigger room
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Friendly , helpful staff, clean, great location. Fantastic value.

Located on an island with its own beach, lots of boats close by, canoe hire round the corner.

Quiet yet close to metro.

Prison theme fun.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I stayed at Langholmen during a business trip last May. Actually is an old prison converted into a modern hotel in the heart of Stockholm. The surrounding area is marvelous and the hotel offers all essential for a pleasant short stay. The breakfast is full including a great variety of alternative options, the rooms are very clean although too small (they were the cells of the prison in the past). Τhe bathroom was consequently very small. In general an interesting concept, less pricey than other Stockholm hotel of the same level, although the most hotels in Stockholm are enough expensive comparing with the services they offer. Too much light in the room during the "night" hours caused some sleeping problems in combination with the small bed.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank micnk
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

By coincidence I got to stay one night at the hotel and I was very pleasantly surprised. There are quite a few things I really enjoyed:
- the hotel is beautifully situated with a small beach and free parking.
- there's a nice indoor/outdoor bar/restaurant
- pricing is quite good considering the location and standard

But most of all I am a sucker for businesses that go one step further. Being a former prison and marketing itself with a prison theme, it would have been easy just doing that half way. But they really go all in!

I will definitively stay there again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

This wonderful hotel is on one of the many islands of Stockholm. This island is more park than commercial or residential so you really feel like on a holiday. No noise, traffic here! Close to a subway station, I came on foot. You cross a small bridge, lots of boats on this canal. A picnic area and then you see the hotel dating back to 1730 or so. There are 2 parts either the hotel or a hostel. I chose the hotel. I had a small room: a prison cell! You even get your own key!

The hotel is very clean, well organized so you actually have enough room. Breakfast is great and included. If I return to Stockholm this is where I'll stay for sure. I normally stay in hotels about 100 nights a year and this nothing like the chain hotels, I normally stay in.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Great hotel for a fantastic price - some 4*+ hotels wouldn't match the standard provided by this hotel.

We stayed for Eurovision, we arrived early for check-in - and they let us visit our rooms early.

The rooms were a nice size (we had hand luggage / if your here for longer with big suitcases, you maybe wise booking a larger room), very quiet even though it was the Eurovision weekend & very friendly staff.

A wide variety of breakfast items and the bar is well stocked.

It even has a museum detailing the history of the prison.

10 minute walk from the metro to take you to central Stockholm and some great restaurants nearby.

For the price, this hotel is top notch and again, some four star hotels would struggle to meet the standards here.

Well done and Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends