All reviewsvassa eggennational librarywaffle makersingle roomwalking distancerecommend this hotelnice hotelexcellent breakfastbusiness tripinner courtyardthe heart of the citystayed here for one nightreception stafflong weekendlocation is greathotel restaurantby foot
Reviewed 4 July 2018

The hotel is on good location and has 4 stars.
I booked and paid Single room with breakfast and I got what I paid, nothing more, even if I sent an e-mail before my arrival, asking for the quiet room. I had a room on the main street, which was quite noisy. I was offered the next day to change the room, but I decided to stay where I was. The Single rooms in this Hotel are quite small for 4 stars, especially the bathroom is very small, but there are all facilities (toiletteries) you need.
The room has mini bar and safe, but no kettle, which you can get upon request. I got it.
The staff on Reception is very kind, especially Mrs. Emma and Mrs. Jenny. I arrived during the night, but I left on the afternoon and they were so kind, that I could stay in my room till 2 pm (official check out time is 12 noon).
The breakfast is big and rich, but the quality is not top. I don't like salamis, coloured with artificial colour! There was no smoked ham or smoked salmon you can usually get in 4-star hotels, especially in Scandinavia.
I came for breakfast early, as I don't like too many people all around and all food hasn't been prepared yet at that time. Some of it came even with half-hour delay.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Vladimir F
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Having been to Stockholm before and stayed on the Stureplan before we knew it was a good area to stay as easy accessible to everything and easy walking distance we chose to stay at the Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza (the hotel we stayed in the first time The Stureplan closed it's doors due to landlord dispute )
When we arrived we were early and we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who said we could check in early if we didn't mind the third floor. At the time I did not see any significance in this so we accepted the room as we were happy to check on sort out selves out before we got out into Stockholm to explore.
The room wasn't huge but wasn't too small either, nice and clean with all the toiletries in the bathroom. The room we then noticed didn't have air conditioning which we do like to have in a room so we were a little disappointed at this but there was a good size window so we opened this up which cooled the room quickly.
The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep till 5.30 am the next day when the Hotel had a delivery and more than one delivery and the noise the deliveries made was very loud and with the window open we were kept awake. I get up early every day for work and was looking forward to our holiday not having to get up early having a little lie in and waking up refreshed every day bit unfortunately this did not happen due to the noise every morning. Do the deliveries really need to be done at this time? Was this the significance of the comment when we checked in 'if you don't mind the 3rd floor' or was this just coincidence? Such a shame as the bed was comfortable and I was having a lovely sleep every night.
Luckily the breakfast was fantastic at the hotel, so much choice, hot (bacon sausage & scrambled eggs) croissants, pastries etc, cold meat and continental breakfast, fruit, cereals and plenty of coffee and fresh juices and the staff were very friendly every morning, I loved having breakfast there.
The staff in general were fantastic, so helpful friendly and couldn't do enough to help you and this was evident the night we could not get out passports out of the in room safe, they couldn't do enough to help us and make sure we had our passports to travel with the next day.
This is what is so frustrating about this hotel, the staff are fantastic and they are let down by the noise, as I would love to score this hotel with 5 stars for the breakfast, staff and cleaniest of the room but I can't give them 5 stars because of the noise and the lack of air conditioning. Which is a shame as the staff in the hotel deserve the 5 stars as they work hard and are one of the friendliest staff I have met at a hotel I have stayed at.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claire E
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed for a long weekend (two nights) in July 2017. The room we were in was at the back of the hotel and quite small. If we used the main lifts which were (sporadic in working) we would have had a long walk round to the back of the hotel where our room was. Because there was building work taking place we could use the service lift which was closer to our room.

The breakfast at the time was being served in a corridor and conference rooms. The breakfast its self was good and the staff wherever helpful. The main draw back was the work taking place which we were not made aware of!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ebba J, Hotelldirektör at Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear thommo34,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations due to the renovation taking place last summer (2017). Much has happened in a year and we are no longer renovating either the elevators or the breakfast area.

Once again, thank you for sharing your review, and hope we will get the pleasure to welcome you back in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Central location, decent breakfast. Room was small (but that’s to be expected from a city centre hotel).
What was completely intolerable was the loud clubbing music which could be heard until 2am on Friday and Saturday night. We were on the 4th floor so goodness knows what it was like lower down. Never known anything like it! Reception unable to find us an alternative room as fully booked.
Stockholm is great and look forward to returning in the future, but definitely won’t stay here!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah G,
Thank you very much for taking the time giving us feedback on your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet expectations and that you were unable to sleep due to the noise from the bar just next to us.

Please accept my most sincere apologies and feel free to contact me directly if you are to return to Stockholm at ebba.jarrud@elite.se, as we would greatly appreciate if we could get another chance to prove that we can deliver a better stay than this.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Friendly service and staff, but small rooms and a you will hear noise from the outside. not a luxury hotel. Breakfast was good and the selection scandinavian style. Central location and easy access to metro.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear halldor1960,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit even though you found it a bit noisy from the outside. Since we are so centrally located some of our guests are disturbed by the street noise. Next time you stay with us we would be happy to organize a room facing the back of the house that are quieter.

Thanks once again and welcome back!

Kind regards,