2,553 results
All reviews royal palace cadier bar veranda restaurant grand experience mathias dahlgren grand dame steam room old town elegant hotel star hotel overlooking the water room service deluxe room perfect location breakfast buffet baltic cruise beautiful city
Reviewed 10 November 2018

We booked the "Get away from it all" a Superior Double Room for two, including entrance to the spa and a delectable breakfast. We spent a night in this is a beautiful hotel a regular Wednesday and it was perfect! Not so many people in the middle of the week and we almost had the spa for ourselves.
Service from check-in to check-out was great.

Spa had two warm pools available and two different saunas. Atmosphere was relaxing, and it was clean and fresh. Service was great and I would definitely go back if I got chance.

The superior double room was at the second floor and had a balcony. It was as elegant as the rest of the hotel, chandeliers and classy decor, rooms was clean and had everything we needed. We got a view towards the castle and it was absolutely worth the money.

We had breakfast by the window this november morning in a foggy Stockholm. Breakfast was beautiful, tasty and had a lot of choices.
Feeling like a queen I know for sure this wasn't the last time in The Grand Hotel.

Room tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I spent an afternoon here at a conference and the evening having dinner. It's a beautiful, elegant old building. The food and service were exceptional and the setting truly couldn't be any better.

It has a real historic elegance to it and feels very regal

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

The Grand Hotel in Stockholm is well located in the Harbor. Beautiful hotel with great amenities, taking the service of the reception, the general service in the hotel leaves something to be desired. Service is time consuming, confusing and unreliable to a 5 star hotel. Unfortunately, I believe there are better options in Stockholm.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank olavoleite
Dean B, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Olavo L

Thank you for the positive general comments about reception and the hotel. You do not mention any specific issues however I do hope you brought these to the attention of our staff so we were able to rectify the situation.

Warm regards
Dean

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Never seen anything like this before. this is truly a "GRAND" hotel. everything speaks of luxury and exclusivity from the moment you step in. The room amenities are truly posh

the best part is the hotel view and perfect location opposite to the royal palace and few minutes walking from the high street, NK department store, as well as the old Town.

This Hotel is a classic masterpiece that I highly recommend for all travellers

Room tip: Harbour view room is highly recommended.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my son and loved every minute! The last time I stayed at this hotel was very many years ago and I’m very pleased to say it has not only retained its elegance and “wow” factor but that it also accommodates our modern needs very nicely. We had a junior suite overlooking the harbour, and I highly recommend you pay he extra to get this wonderful and inspiring view. The room itself combined old world elegance (including a beautiful marble bathroom) with modern convenience. The Veranda breakfast rooms are a little crowded but the buffet itself is one of the best I’ve seen. The crowning glory of this hotel is the spa area — you need to allow a couple of hours to fully enjoy the pools, saunas, steam rooms etc (free of charge to guests). We wishes we had more time. The concierge works magic at getting guests last minute bookings. I highly recommend the gift shop which stocks some sumptuous clothing and jewellery items from Swedish designers. The clientele of this hotel is exceptionally posh, by the way! Right across the bridge to the Gamla Stad (Old Town), the location is perfect.

Trip type: Travelled with family