“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing”
Review of Victory Hotel

Victory Hotel
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Amazing! From check in to check out the hotel exceeded my expectations. Upon check in I was upgraded to a double room, they must have known I am an over packer and needed the extra space. The gentleman who works the 2nd shift at the hotel was wonderful! He was extremely helpful my whole stay and I wanted to say kudos to him as I very much appreciated all his help. My flight back home was cancelled and I needed to stay an extra night. Within minutes they emailed me to let me know it was not a problem, helped keep my stress level down and enjoy beautiful Stockholm.

The pictures don't do the hotel justice. You walk into your room and it takes you 20 minutes just to look around at all the cool decorations. It's fun walking to your room because there is so much to look at.

The beds are SO comfortable! I need to order one for my house. Great bath products and the robes are cozy.

Breakfast in the morning was great. I have celiac so the gluten free bread and treats were very much appreciated. They have everything you could possibly want for breakfast, BYO yogurt parfait, eggs, bacon, meats & cheeses, fresh fruit and the best candies. You will not leave hungry.

The location is perfect. You can walk pretty much anywhere in less than 15 minutes. Had I realized how easy it was to get from Central Station to the hotel I wouldn't have booked a shuttle from the airport.

Tweed is a great bar to have a night cap at. Honestly there is nothing bad I can say about this hotel. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I was at the first floor at the end of the hallway and I didn't hear a peep.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Charming hotel in Gamla Stan with a very friendly staff. Rooms offer every facility including a fridge and trouser press. - amazing in what is often a very small space. Coffee and tea freely available on very landing - this was greatly appreciated by an English group. However, solo travellers don't come off well - tiny rooms, very narrow beds and, in my case, a shower with a sloping ceiling inside it which made use difficult, even for a small person like myself. The other major problem is that the bar and rear courtyard is open to the public, so no social space for guests and very noisy in rooms overlooking the courtyard or on the first floor. Breakfast crammed into a small space but alterations to improve the basement seemed to be under way. The location was excellent so hopefully this would improve matters but people using the bar and courtyard seemed to take precedence over hotel guests.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor over the bar and, if tall, check rooms for small beds and bathrooms..
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marilyn P
Reviewed 15 July 2017

This hotel has a good location in the old town and it is small but if you like old style hotels and antique furnitures you will love it. The service is attentive and charming and our room was well equipped (including bubble tube and bathrobes). The bed is large and very comfortable. In the evening they have brought us a glas of port wine to our room as a welcome drink. The breakfast is weekdays until 10:00 and weekend until 10:30 and is a nice buffet with good quality and tasty offers. The reception is very helpful with informations, city maps. Around the hotel you will find plenty of restaurant choice and nice shops. So we can really recommend this hotel for a relaxed city stay.

Room Tip: We have booked a deluxe room, a bit larger than the normals
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Great location in old town, Gamla Stan Very helpful desk staff. Tiny but cute elevator. Good breakfast served in basement among 13th century city foundations. Amazing. Our room was small as we had expected but we loved it and the view and great blinds to keep out the midnight sun. Bathroom was terrific. coffee and tee not in the room but in the hall right outside. Lot so wonderful collections about ships. We walked the stairs so we could see them all - models, weavings and stitchery. Interesting artifacts. It is not a big chain hotel and be family owned with pride and love. Very good bar and several good restaurants in the building.

Room Tip: look at pics online
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

The Victory Hotel was a wonderful base for our stay in Stockholm. We took the overnight ferry from Turku, so we got to the hotel at 7am - the wonderful woman at the desk took our bags, got us some nice, strong coffee, and an umbrella to start our day. There are so many fun antiques to look at in both the lobby and the halls that it took us a little while to get out We should have taken her up on the offer to book the complementary sauna, but there was too much to see and do.
Our room was a really nice blend of modern furnishings and antiques that represented our sea captain (each room has its own). This was one of the few rooms on our trip that had a spot for everything. The bathroom was lovely, as were the bathrobes. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were really nice (enough that I still remember them). We were able to sleep with the windows open one night, but were woken up by some kind of maybe garbage truck early the other morning.
It is a great location, and close to a metro, shops, and restaurants. We got some great recommendations from the desk staff - note that the hotel group's restaurants (that look wonderful) are not open on Sundays.
Breakfast was good - lots of choices, but everything did not always get restocked in a timely manner..

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple