1,546 results
All reviewsbjork restauranttypical courtyardcity centreblue linemetro stationminute walknice hotelold townwalk in showerbeautiful parkt banabreakfast buffetrooms are largepublic transportationgamla stanbusiness hotelcorner room
Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The room was spotless with a gorgeous big comfy bed. The air con worked brilliantly. The staff were so friendly and treated you like first class customers all the way. I would like to especially mention Mia on Reception and took her turn on Guest Services also. She was an angel and went over and above to help make our stay pleasant for ourselves and our daughter. I cannot thank her enough and want to give her 100% credit. I hope her manager is reading this. The TV in the room had some English channels which was also great. We ate in the restaurant twice. Food is delicious. The icing on the cake is the breakfast. Its the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. It is massive and plentiful. Dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds, yoghurts, juices, coffes, teas, meats, cheeses, about five different kinds of breads, pastries, pickled herrings, there were even gluten and dairy free options, then there was the cooked breakfast, eggs, beans, tomatoes, sausage, bacon. You will not be hungry for the rest of the day. We did not have any problems with the area and there are nice restaurants close by. Come out of hotel turn right and keep walking. You will find the most perfect area to swim and sunbathe. We like to walk and it was about a fifteen minute walk to city hall. We bought Stockholm cards from Guest services which were good value and included the HOHO bus but not any other transport. Free wifi also very good. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again when we return to Stockholm.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I was initially put off by this hotel's location, being a reasonable distance from the city center. However, the metro is only a few minutes' walk away and can quickly whisk you to most places you're likely to want to be at as a tourist.

The staff was pleasant, bed comfortable and rooms clean. It's a shame there aren't more Marriott properties in town, but given this was the only choice, I'd be happy to stay there again.

The lounge was decent with a tasty breakfast each day.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. The location is good since it is very well connected to the city. The airport bus stop is nearby just 5-8 minutes walk from the hotel.

However we feel that some of their staff are arrogant. We will mention about the person at the restaurant reception during the breakfast time "Miguel", he is not at all welcoming, arrogant and never saw him smiling. We believe that for him breakfast is every day transaction like working in the factory. He need get training to be a true hotelier. We had breakfast more than once and found the same menu every time, which is very boring for someone staying more than 1 day.

There are few gems also like Irene (dinner time) , she is welcoming and warm. The restaurant is fine with good food and so is the bar.

Housekeeping need to adapt themselves based on the number of person in the rooms instead of regular practice, we were always short of bath amenities. The glasses in the room were not cleaned, we have to wash it by our self. Otherwise rooms were clean.

The check in was good and the front desk team is good.

Overall good experience but staff to be trained to welcome guest.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear ASBB,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm.

We are pleased that your overall experience was positive but saddened to hear your comments about our hospitality and service from certain areas in the hotel, kindly accept my sincere apologies.
We normally thrive to make every guest feel at home and well taken care of, and it all begins with a smile!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience.
I have promptly shared with the departments involved in order to improve our service and offer.

Thank you again and we really hope to host you again at our hotel whenever your travels bring you back to Stockholm.

Best wishes,
Carolyn Ochieng, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2018

This is one of the nicest Courtyard I have stayed in. I was a bit worried about staying in a "Courtyard" because in the U.S. they are considered more in the 3* category but this hotel by far surpassed my expectations and was definitely very classy and on par with the more traditional "Marriott" brand. The front desk was very friendly and patient. Always smiling and always willing to help with directions and restaurant recommendations.

The breakfast was really good. Your typical buffet and made to order eggs. Nothing more can change there.

Location is good and specially if you are traveling with children. It is close to a wonderful children park. Also it is a quiet zone a little away from the old city crowds but at the same time a wonderful walk along the river to the old city. You can also take Uber very conveniently. So overall great hotel and great staff. Keep up the smiles!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sakeb,

Reading this made my whole Monday!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to write.
Such a delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback makes us proud …and motivates us at the same time. Thank you so much!

We do try hard to make our guests feel at home, and well taken care of, so it is very rewarding to know how much you enjoyed
your stay and our Property.

I could not agree more, we are out of the city but the location is perfect for a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet within easy to most places.
And talking walks along the river to the Old Town and enjoying all the greenery and scenery is beautiful, I am glad you enjoyed it.

We will indeed keep the smiles and even more so after reading your wonderful review!

Best wishes,
Carolyn Ochieng, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night in the end of July.

At first I would like to thank Amanda, who responded quickly to my emails and helped to change my reservation. We were upgraded to the Premium room on the 11th floor.

The room itself was quite large, but nothing special, usual Scandinavian style. The TV is equipped with chromecast, which I tried to connect (has worked without a problem in previous Marriott properties), because we wanted watch netflix, but it didn’t work.

I also requested a foam pillow to the room via the Marriott mobile app, but this was never done.

The bathroom was large and equipped with a bathtub.

There is also gym in the Hotel which is open 24/7.

Breakfast was also okay, nothing special.

Overall:

The hotel is okay. Rooms are large and the staff are helpful. The negative for me was the problem with the TV, Marriott mobile request and that there are no sauna/spa area in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear MJrobinb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and for being a loyal member to the Marriott Hotels.

We really appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience.
I was disappointed to learn of the shortcomings you experienced.

Regarding your comment about the connectivity to the Chromecast,I certainly can understand your frustration, please accept my sincere apologies. This is a guest service we offer and it should work, it is so unfortunate that it did not meet
the promised standards.
I have addressed this with our Engineering Derpartment to ensure that everything is in working order before a guest is checked in the rooms.

I have also adressed the ammenties issue with our Housekeeping Deapartment and thank you for your kind words regarding Amanda, i will sure share this with her.

We sincerely do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again as our guest.

Best regards,