“Good first Ethiopian experience ”

Lalibela Bar & Restaurang
Reserve with
Lalibela Bar & Restaurang is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,406 of 3,498 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Neighbourhood: Kungsholmen
Description: Here you get an enjoyable taste of authentic Ethiopian dishes with carefully selected ingredients.
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was near where I was staying so I thought I would give it a go. Never have been to an Ethiopian restaurant before I chose something that sounded nice but really I had no idea what to expect. Thankfully, English was one of the languages the menu used.

I had the fried beef stew with injera bread. Yummy. Really good. Spicy, though maybe too hot for some. Milder dishes are also available.

Certainly worth a visit

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Very nicely decorated and clean. Staff was very pleasant. Sambusa was fresh and crispy. The Vebowot,chicken, nicely seasoned. The injera lacked the sour dough taste that like, but I'm sure Teff is hard to get in Sweden. My overall experience was good and I will eat there again on my return trip to Stockholm.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I love Ethiopian and usually eat Ethiopian everywhere I travel. The place is nice and with great atmosphere... other issues still need to be dealt with.
I asked for a prosecco, the server brought me red wine and told me that it was prosecco.
Than told me they only sell it by the bottle even though it clearly says they sell it by the glass.
Then they charged me for two glasses instead of one. Yeah... all about a glass of wine.
I ordered a lamb dish that was more bones than meat. I'm not an expert but that was not your regular lamb dish... more like bone dish.
They apologized for everything but I really feel they need to up their game.
Shame

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The night we were there they were doing a buffet for 160 krona which meant we got to taste lots of dishes – all were lovey, especially the spicier stews. Very friendly staff. Coffee smelt amazing though we didn't have any. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

A very authentic Ethiopian cuisine with traditional music and good service. Ps: you can eat with your hands